Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional Camera is tilted and has lines in video after crash

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by Jared Huckaby, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Jared Huckaby

Hey guys I had a hard crash and ever since the camera is tilted to the left. It still functions moving up and down with control, it's just tilted.

When taking pictures and video, the files are bad and have weird lines through them, etc. When viewing the display while flying, the CAMERA mode looks fine on the screen but when I switch to VIDEO mode it has lines in the display. Any ideas? Should I just bite the bullet and replace the camera? Thanks for any help you can give!

2. III% Streve

The tilt can be fixed. But no point if you cant solve the line issue. Can you post a pic with the issue?

Jared Huckaby likes this.
  3. Jared Huckaby

Sure here you go - hope this helps! Video is the same on the actual files when opened

Attached Files:

4. Jared Huckaby

Just added the pics. Thanks!

5. III% Streve

Looks like a camera/processor issue. Have you tried another SD Card by chance? I doubt that would help. But worth a try.

6. Jared Huckaby

Yes I tried another camera card and unfortunately it didn't work. The weird part is that on the display while flying, if you are in CAMERA mode it looks fine but when you switch to VIDEO mode, the lines appear. Either way both pictures and video are bad when you look at them on a computer.

7. III% Streve

I bet if you turn down the picture quality to its lowest setting the lines will show up

8. Jared Huckaby

I guess replacing the camera is the only option here

9. JerEl

Contact this guy, he repairs gimbals but he answers questions for free too. :) I sent my gimbal/camera to him last week and he's fixed it and I'll have it back tomorrow. Tony Bock [tonybock563@hotmail.com] Tell him I sent you, and maybe after my next crash he'll give me a discount. :rolleyes:

10. Jared Huckaby

Just emailed him - thanks!