Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

camera initializes then just hangs there...

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Design-engine, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Design-engine

The camera initializes but does not project an image. After the drone takes off the camera just hangs there lifeless. I bet someone else has had this problem. The other day at lunch I had the same problem but after rebooting the drone the camera worked fine. Today after work same thing but rebooting did not help. I should also mention that the gamble does not work with the finger wheel.

I suppose that we have to send it in. Maybe there are some connectors to check / double check. The flex cable looks fine. Ill inspect it again w/ my glasses on .... haha.

after a transport issue, the flex cable tore we sent the drone in for repair recently got it back w/ a 4k camera. So it's only been a month or so and it's worked great!

#1 Design-engine, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  2. Bob N

This happens to my with some frequency. In fact my less than a minute flights are due to no camera control. I land reboot the Phantom 3 Advanced and then it works. Of course I have to reboot the DJI Go or Litchi and then I can take off.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using PhantomPilots mobile app

3. Design-engine

I rebooted once Early in the week and that did it. Rebooting does not seem to be working now. And the camera display is not functional.

I was told that possibly updating the firmware will do it.

#3 Design-engine, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016