Camera has horizon tilt after "hard landing"

Reaction score
I've had the P3A for 2 weeks now. I did not initially have any camera tilt problem that I've been reading about. Today, I was testing out the waypoint feature in my back yard, which is wide open 2 acres with trees at edges. It worked fine a few times until on its last waypoint mission, it went 20 feet away from where one of the waypoints was, and clipped a small tree about 15 feet up before I could figure out how to stop it from reaching that tree. It fell straight down, landed upside down on soft grass, made some kind of screaming sound for a few seconds, then stopped. It appears perfectly fine once I wiped the grass stains off of it (most of the staining was on the propellers... I guess they kept turning while it was upside down?), and it immediately flew again without any trouble.

However, now there is a camera tilt. It is visible in the image, and also visible if I place on a flat surface and turn it on. (If it is off, it just dangles however it wants to dangle.) It doesn't make it unusable, but it is annoying. I can't see any physical damage to the camera or gimbal, not even a grass stain. Nothing looks bent. I'm not sure I understand how this gimbal mechanism works, but as far as I can tell, it is on purposely deciding to move the camera to this tilted position and hold it there. If I pick up the Phantom and tilt it, the camera moves to remain "level" although in this case still tilted. If I touch it with my finger, it fights me to keep it at that position.

Some posts referenced ICU calibration. I tried that and it didn't do anything. Other posts were going on about various other features to calibrate, but I can't find any other things to calibrate other than compass. Does the UI expose these features? Suggestions?

You can try to do an IMU calibration followed immediately by a gimbal calibration.

Reactions: Porc
You can try to do an IMU calibration followed immediately by a gimbal calibration.

I'm feeling rather dumb lately, but... where would I find this gimbal calibration? I checked every page of every menu in DJI GO app that I could find. Thanks.

Here's the first video that came up in google search. It should lead you to the app screens. Good luck sir.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Porc
Here's the first video that came up in google search. It should lead you to the app screens. Good luck sir.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

D'oh! I'm convinced ninjas made the UI for this app... they somehow manage to hide features in plain sight. I should have seen that... thanks. (Now, let's see if this actually works....)

It worked! Thanks Oso.
You're welcome sir.

I agree about the screens. I have also found myself hopelessly trying to find screens that I have used numerous times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31