Camera Guard

Excellent work, fastsmiles. I too will be using mine commercially and appreciate a professional finish.
I am interested.

fastsmiles said:
If anyone has suggestions or ideas on how to attach the guard to the landing struts instead of using zip ties, I am open to making changes in the design to accommodate improvements. I find zip ties are easy to place and easy to remove, and cheap.
I think you're right, zip ties are the way to go :)

lukeglazebrook said:
I have a suggestion to improve your design mate, add a vertical plate also that connects to the base plate and also slots in between the vertical landing struts. This would increase the strength even further and also provide a place to mount trackers.
Yep, good idea, if it doesn't add to much air / wind resistance

Oh, by the way, I'm in too (if you don't mind shipping overseas) :)

Carbon fiber material is expensive and so is the water jet process, I just got a quote and if we can do an order of 50 pieces I can get them for $35 each.
These will be high quality and will last longer than the phantom. They can also be used to hold additional gear. I have been flying with the prototype and have noticed no loss of flight time.

Will they negotiate the price if you are able to fill more than 50 orders?
A camguard seems like a no-brainier for the fragile P2V+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much would it be to produce 100? I'm sure once they hit the "market" and word (and pictures) spread, they would sell out quick...

That's a pretty genius idea.

Would this work on a non-vision with H3-3D?

The only reason why I'm not using my stock landing gear is pretty much crash = bye-bye gimbal.

Not only will it also make my Phantom smaller, but would also probably weigh less as well.

Plasmo
That was his price for 500, I had to sell him on the idea of future orders to get him to do a small run of 50. I have done business with him before so I know his work and he has always been reliable and quality conscious.

Just finished experimenting with the P2V+ with the camera guard platform in place. I hadn't thought of it before, but it makes for a handy platform to mount additional loads. I have thought about adding my Canon Powershot to the phantom to take a rear facing series of shots while flying and recording with the vision's camera. The Powershot weighs about 7 oz, so I added 7 oz of copper coins secured to the camera guard platform and then timed the phantom to see how long it would hover with the added weight.
Flight time was 10 minutes until the battery showed 35% and 12 minutes until the battery showed 25%. A still very acceptable flying time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4