Camera Guard hits the camera!

Reaction score
This is the one I bought: Amazon.com: YKS Carbon Fiber Gimbal Camera Guard Protective Board & Strap for Phantom 3: Toys & Games

It hits the camera on startup, not a whack - but enough that I wouldn't buy it again. And yes, I did flip it both ways to see if I mounted it wrong. Ended up having to widen two of the slots so that I could move it back one more click. All is well now - but I should not have had to do anything to a brand new guard.

How about you? Do you have one of these exact same ones? Any trouble. And no biggie, but the tie straps are advertised as white/clear, which would have looked a lot better than the black I was sent.

I bought a 3D printed version and it also hit. I trimmed it and moved it back some. Does nobody test these things out? o_O

I bought the same one and returned it. Solid carbon fiber however, nothing should get in the way of the camera during its start up cycle.

Time to try the Dremel tool you bought, that never got used. ;-)
Perhaps it was tested on a different model and they didn't realize the Phantom 3 has a different need?

71DmG20mXjL._SX522_.jpg

But it does look nice... Hehe

RedHotPoker

Just go slow and check it for free movement frequently, so that you don't remove more material than need be. ;-)

Dremel make bits and cutting wheels, that will chew through nearly anything in its path. Slow and steady wins the race. So you should be fine. Please post your results. Thanks.

RedHotPoker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20