Camera got wet on Phantom 3 standard

I personally would remove all cover plates, but either way I'm sure will be fine, as rice absorbs moisture, I'd say a few days to be safe, as some leave it for a week, but if you just dipped it in the water for a second, it might not be completely drenched, but rather wet spots here and there, I can't tell you that, but I will say the longer the better. But ultimately up to you.
Maybe take it out now and then run a blow dryer lightly over it a few times, then back in the rice, might help speed up the process, by introducing dry air to hard to reach places.

Let us know how it goes! And keeping fingers crossed for you Bro!
Good luck!

J Dot
:cool:

Take care, Fly safe!
I'll definitely keep you posted. Thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it.

Yeah
That scares me a bit, water and electronics DONT mix well.

Was the gimbal working other than the feed?

Honestly I'd dry it out and go from there, moisture can do some whacky stuff to electronics!

J Dot

Yeah
That scares me a bit, water and electronics DONT mix well.

Was the gimbal working other than the feed?

Honestly I'd dry it out and go from there, moisture can do some whacky stuff to electronics!

J Dot
I never tried the gimble after I brought it back to land so I'm not exactly sure. The camera just hit the water and my phone went black and said that their was no camera connection.

Yeah
Just take one step at a time, try to dry, if not , you will have to locate problem ( most likely gimbal mainboard ) if something is burnt.
But if only lens hit, might be camera board. Just start with dry, then we will go from there.

J Dot

Yeah
Just take one step at a time, try to dry, if not , you will have to locate problem ( most likely gimbal mainboard ) if something is burnt.
But if only lens hit, might be camera board. Just start with dry, then we will go from there.

J Dot
Sounds good. I'll message you back in a few days and let know know what's working and what's not. If the thing ever flies normal again I might have to send you a gift or something for all of your help.

To anybody that was following this thread, I took my drone for a short flight this morning and it works perfectly! All I did was put a fan on the gimble for a few hours and then let the gimble sit it a bowl of rice for a few days and it worked great. After I took the gimble out of rice it took me about 20 minutes to shake all of the grains out, but that's all that really needed to be done. Thanks to the people that helped me out.

Reactions: dtviewer
A+ Bob,
Good show, my friend! Remember, these are AIRCRAFT, not Submarines! o_O

Ha ha, just pulling your leg, I am TRUELY excited it is working for you!
Looking forward to some sweet videos, of your neck of the woods!
Take care, Fly Safe!

J Dot

That's great, I haven't had to do any rice stuff (yet). My wife's flip phone went in the washer turned on. Rice for a week in a bag, the battery and the phone she used at least a year, tell we upgraded.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers