Camera gimble tilting after short flight

Reaction score
So when I fire up my PP3 the camera does its thing and is nice and straight like it should be on a level surface. After flying a couple of minutes it starts to tilt to the side for some reason? Has anyone else had this issue? See the attached photos.

Attachments

• 20160323_080953_resized.jpg
    20160323_080953_resized.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 397
  • 20160323_080950_resized.jpg
    20160323_080950_resized.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 401
Either it's a mechanical issue or you are not calibrating on level surface.

Check in off position if gimbal is free to move in both the directions. Next do IMU calibration on a perfect leveled surface followed with gimbal auto calibration.

The gimble does move free in all directions when off. What is an IMU Calibration

Might I suggest a Gimbal Calibration first? Touch the gimbal symbol off the main menu and calibrate. If that fails an IMU calibration may be needed.

P.S. Level craft is required in either instance.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

That is way too much roll to be normal for sure. Not sure that will all come out in a gimbal calibration.

Looks like it's mechanical. It is a relatively easy fix but you have to be up for it or else send it off.

Youtube has some repair videos for that exact roll arm and potentiometer realignment.

I have tried multiple gimbal calibration test last two weeks.
This has happened to me more than once. I didn't notice it at first, then I saw it. Second time it happened I had taken off with the gimbal guard still on; landed, took off again, and it did this. I landed again, made sure the gimbal was free, and it didn't happen again.

But this raises a question (Litch) The Litchi instructions say C1 (left) is gimbal correction? I've used this button in flight, but not seen any results, as you do in C2 where it switches the map. Could this be an answer to this discussion?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4