Camera/Gimbal Removal Guide

Reaction score
Hi, just looking for a link to a video with a guide for removing the Gimbal/Camera assembly from the PV2+

Thanks So Much!
-Chief

From the very helpful guys at Dave's Motors:

See the attached photos to remove. I would remove it from the phantom if you want to continue to at least fly it. You will have to sacrifice one disc and one pin. Extras were included with your Phantom. The REAR you will want to cut the disc, the FRONT you will want to snip off the head of the pin. This will only cost you one of each rather than two pins or two discs at once. Then carefully pull the silicone dampers off, then pull the front cables off, the side cable has a small hook that keeps it in. You need to pinch it and pull to remove.

Unfortunately the photos are too large. If you PM me with your email I can forward the email I got from them with the pics.

TheChief said:
Hi, just looking for a link to a video with a guide for removing the Gimbal/Camera assembly from the PV2+

Thanks So Much!
-Chief

It's really easy and there are two ways to achieve this:

Method 1. Slam it into the ground or nearest building and it will pretty much detach itself...

Method 2 - Remove props
- Turn it upside down
- Remove 2 clear anti-drop pins by snipping the top off with cable cutter or similar
- Pull the white dampers through the holes & be careful not to drop gimbal/camera unless it's already smashed
- Carefully detach the 3 grey ribbon cables being careful not to damage the connectors

If you want to remove the upper part of the mounting bracket, remove the 4 Phillips head screws holding it on

Fred....

I'm a newly registered board member and I can't seem to send a PM. Would you mind sending your camera/gimbal removal pictures to me as well? Thanks!

Fred_C_Dobbs said:
From the very helpful guys at Dave's Motors:

See the attached photos to remove. I would remove it from the phantom if you want to continue to at least fly it. You will have to sacrifice one disc and one pin. Extras were included with your Phantom. The REAR you will want to cut the disc, the FRONT you will want to snip off the head of the pin. This will only cost you one of each rather than two pins or two discs at once. Then carefully pull the silicone dampers off, then pull the front cables off, the side cable has a small hook that keeps it in. You need to pinch it and pull to remove.

Unfortunately the photos are too large. If you PM me with your email I can forward the email I got from them with the pics.

You do not need to snip the tops off the clear anti-drop pins. These pins can be removed easily by pushing the end cap down the pin shaft so as to expand the spring loaded lugs. wind a short length of cotton onto the pin shaft where the end cap would normally sit and wind on enough to fill the void or build it up enough to made a smooth level shaft diameter similar to the rest of the shaft and then simply slide the end cap off and then remove the cotton previously wound on the pin shaft. Inspect the pins and caps for damage and if ok, they can be reused again. If your not comfortable or have doubts then don't re-use them.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic