Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Camera/Gimbal Removal Guide

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by TheChief, May 22, 2014.

1. TheChief

Hi, just looking for a link to a video with a guide for removing the Gimbal/Camera assembly from the PV2+

Thanks So Much!
    -Chief

2. Fred_C_Dobbs

From the very helpful guys at Dave's Motors:

Unfortunately the photos are too large. If you PM me with your email I can forward the email I got from them with the pics.

3. Phantom_Menace66

It's really easy and there are two ways to achieve this:

Method 1. Slam it into the ground or nearest building and it will pretty much detach itself...

Method 2 - Remove props
    - Turn it upside down
    - Remove 2 clear anti-drop pins by snipping the top off with cable cutter or similar
    - Pull the white dampers through the holes & be careful not to drop gimbal/camera unless it's already smashed
    - Carefully detach the 3 grey ribbon cables being careful not to damage the connectors

If you want to remove the upper part of the mounting bracket, remove the 4 Phillips head screws holding it on

4. Rebelvis

Fred....

I'm a newly registered board member and I can't seem to send a PM. Would you mind sending your camera/gimbal removal pictures to me as well? Thanks!

5. Fred_C_Dobbs

6. Rob65

You do not need to snip the tops off the clear anti-drop pins. These pins can be removed easily by pushing the end cap down the pin shaft so as to expand the spring loaded lugs. wind a short length of cotton onto the pin shaft where the end cap would normally sit and wind on enough to fill the void or build it up enough to made a smooth level shaft diameter similar to the rest of the shaft and then simply slide the end cap off and then remove the cotton previously wound on the pin shaft. Inspect the pins and caps for damage and if ok, they can be reused again. If your not comfortable or have doubts then don't re-use them.