Camera Gimbal Center Postion Issue

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a slight issues with my P2V+ V3 Camera. The gimbal pans to the left slightly and I can't figure out how to set the center position for the pan of the gimbal. The camera tilts and stabilizes perfectly except I can sometimes see the left landing gear in my video and photos. When I power on the phantom the camera seems to have its center position set slightly to the left. Does anyone now how to reset that either manually or via software? This seems like such and easy trim adjustment and I can't figure it out.

here is picture of the Phantom powered on and you can see the camera lens panning to the left.

Attachments

• IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 457
Are you able to see if the set screw on the gimbal y-arm is on the flat of the motor shaft in the gimbal main control box (the part of the gimbal where the gray wires from inside the Phantom attach).

I did check that. I loosened the screw then tightened it back up but I still got the slight pan to the left.

I wonder if it's possible for the shaft to twist so that when the camera is straight forward, the flat spot isn't facing exactly to the side. This is often a problem with the pitch and roll motors.

It does appear that the shaft is also panning to the left. Its like the center position for the motor is off slightly. This pic is from under the phantom with it powered on.

Attachments

• IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 470
Maybe something is bent slightly so that the balance shifts to the left. Don't know if that's possible without sending the gimbal into a "dance". Or maybe the potentiometer is thinking that over to the left is center. You'd need to try a known good board to see if that's the case.

Well, duh. I never really gave much thought to the yaw of the camera, but now in looking at mine I realize the camera points slightly to the left, and doesn't pan (yaw) to the right. It doesn't have full range of movement from left to right. Guess it's time to look for a new main board.

put the bird in a fridge for 20 minutes to cool it down and then do and Advanced IMU calibration

Well, I did the refrigerator and then the IMU. The camera still points to the left about 5 degrees. The range of movement from left to right is maybe 30 degrees. I don't remember what my V2 was.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20