Camera Functions

Reaction score
So on the back of the camera, there are 3 modes to chose from...off, cam on and WiFi on. I understand off and WiFi...but I tried the cam on mode, thinking maybe it would just record as I am flying without actually seeing it. However it did not. Also there is a button underneath of the camera...Im not real sure what its prupose is either. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ya need to read the manual rob .
If you don't have the Wi-Fi on then you are flying without FPV . If the camera is on and you press the button on the bottom then it will start to record .
Even if you have the switch on to camera only unless you press the one on bottom of the camera you will have nothing .
Again you need to download the manual and read it bro ! It's all there :)

Ya need to read the manual rob .
If you don't have the Wi-Fi on then you are flying without FPV . If the camera is on and you press the button on the bottom then it will start to record .
Even if you have the switch on to camera only unless you press the one on bottom of the camera you will have nothing .
Again you need to download the manual and read it bro ! It's all there :)

I got it....I wondering if it might have been because the times I've tried I didnt have the propellers on....as I would just be messing around with it here in the house. Anyhow if your wondering why I want to fly in this mode to begin with is because my FPV doesnt get very good range...aprox 500ft. I just downloaded a range extender app to hopefully help with that problem. I'd love to get about 2000ft in sky just to see the view from above. I will be visiting the beach in about a month and want to have some memorable pictures and video. And yes I've vhanged the limit settings to be able to climb 3000 ft in altitude in case your wondering. Was considering trying NAZA mode also. Any thoughts on this? Thanks for your help

Well first I would really recommend ya reading about flying over 400' to start with !
I have never messed with those extender apps but only upgraded to a RE700 to help with my FPV range but then your controller unless modded will hold ya back. I don't know where you are at but almost sounds like you in CE mode if 500' is as far as ya can go .
NAZA is as far as I am concerned the only way to have it set .
To be honest with ya it don't sound like to me you have done much reading in here and think you really should before you get in trouble
trying to fly to high .
Not trying to sound ugly rob but it's way more to this than just flying it .

I'm very aware of the laws of flying if that's what your implying....and maybe I worded it wrong before, but I'd simply like to just take it up that high to simply have a picture of it. I will not be staying up there very long. And I just recently find out about NAZA mode from a random you tube thread. Kinda odd you cannot find anything on it in the manual. So beginners like me only assume there is one mode to fly in. I live in the mountains of WV...far from any airports or important buildings for that matter. Of course I could be like the two fellows that attempted to fly drugs into the state prison and got busted because they were being suspicious along side the road....(oh yes...look it up...areacode 21502). But I do appreciate the warning. I've only been flying for 2 weeks now bit I do enjoy it

There not laws but recommendations rob . I understand what ya was saying but just don't want ya to go off without knowing all that can happen .
Ya really just need to read some in General D and news to really be aware of all that's happening .
I know of WV as I am from NC . Beautiful place to be taking pictures soon with all the colors .
NAZA has way more options for you to use but you need time to learn them and know how they work .
Use the search in my signature and type in the middle not the top and you will find all ya need to know .

so back to what your were saying you did to increase your FPV....are these mods available for the P2V also? and if so, how or where do I find/install them?

Now that's something ya gonna have to look in P2V mods and in the Plus mods section as It would take all nite to type it all out .
I can get around 8500' with FPV and many get way more .
Some are simple and some are more complex . The RE700 would be the first thing I would do then go to the stage 2 with FPVLR or DBS just for your TX .

It's a terrible idea to go that high Rob. Lifeflight helicopters and single prop planes absolutely hate people that want to achieve such heights, and you are taking innocent lives at risk. Just go for distance, not altitude.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers