Camera Fried???

Reaction score
After loading in the new updated software, I hooked my cam up via USB to copy the vid I took the night before, 3/4 of the way into the transfer, my usb link was broken, my camera lost power, and when I looked at the UAV, there was white smoke coming from the lid.... Powered down, Waited a while, Powered back up, Camera is DEAD, no WiFi connect. ANYONE???

Wow this is a new one. I am so sorry to hear that. Major bummer. The smoke may be telling you something... Is returning it an option? Sounds like a factory defect to me.

I purchased it on June24th, Received it on July 9th.... Should be under warranty.... Awaiting a response from UAV Direct.

The craft seems fine, don't wanna test it and void my warranty, just packing it up to hopefully get an Return Authorization.

RETURN.... Finally got through to my supplier.... after explaining what happened.... plug the camera thru usb, drag and drop videos to my computer... then the pop and smoke from the unit.... they first tried to sell me a new camera, I reemphasized that it was an internal board that had to short out.... He advised me that the warranty will not cover any internal circuitry!!!??? AND THIS ALSO BEING AFTER I JUST UPDATED THE SOFTWARE....

BEWARE.... IF YOU ARE CONNECTING USB CORDS TO THE ASSISTANT APP..... YOU MAY NOT BE UNDER WARRANTY.... According to them anyway....think I will contact dji directly.

That's the daftest thing I've heard here. Clueless chancers by the sound of it.

Yeah get to DJI directly.

It's been a while, but I decided not to go through my dealer, but to attempt to get with DJI in Hollywood. After going through the telephone listing and spending hours a day on the phone getting disconnected, I finally recieved an email from DJI: stated below:

We apologize for the inconvenience however, we can no longer offer RMA numbers through email. We will need to ask you to call our support center at 818 235 0789. We recommend contacting us Weds - Friday 2:30 PM to 4:45 PM. Our normal business hours are Mon - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM however, our queue does close at 4:30 so you must call prior to this time.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused however we are taking steps to enhance our Customer Support and reach out to them within a quicker manner. If you are unable to receive a ticket number or enter into the phone queue we will need you to keep trying as any request through email for repairs can no longer be processed.
Sincerely,
DJI Technology Management Team.

After getting through, their customer service support was AWSOME: Although it did cost me 48. dollars for shipping the unit (I'm happy to pay), and the unit was in their hands for several weeks, I recieved an email of the findings:

Upon inspection of your Phantom we found that the camera unit, anti-interference board, and a motor needed replacement. We went ahead and replaced the units, then perform a firmware update, calibrated, and tested for functionality. Your unit is fully operational.

My unit arrives today, to bad thats its raining. Although it was frustrating getting through, I am glad they honored the warranty for the unit; just remember [Wed - Friday (2:30 to 4:45) California time].

Good news, rain or not you still can check if the camera works.
Odd time to get in touch with DJI there. Just my deluded mind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31