Camera freezing FPV image in app

Reaction score
all firmware is up-to-date on both PV2+ and radio.

- PV2+ will start up fine. Have a near perfect connection across the board (this includes GPS and wifi) Batteries are all charged and ready to go.
- camera gimbal adjusts and then sets in its normal downward angle
- i open the app and connected to the phantom wifi (iphone 5s)

i get the first image the camera sees and then NOTHING. It's frozen on that image. The gimbal adjustments work fine (camera will move up/down/left/right/etc), all settings and features work fine.

I CANNOT take pics or videos.

I can exit the app, i can close the app, i can restart the PV2+, wifi, radio, etc... it does it everytime!

some more history, i've never been in a crash, hard landing or anything to cause damage.

Here are some screen shots of the messages I get.

Attachments

• IMG_2486.PNG
    IMG_2486.PNG
    989.7 KB · Views: 648
  • IMG_2487.PNG
    IMG_2487.PNG
    455.7 KB · Views: 639
Re: Camera freezing

i've gotten this image freeze with this message permanently on screen ...

Attachments

• IMG_2488.PNG
    IMG_2488.PNG
    669.2 KB · Views: 662
Re: Camera freezing image

Are there any connections that may have vibrated loose? Not sure what connection would cause this.

ANY advice, tips, tricks, pointers would be a GREAT help....

Dirty Bird: Yes, i've tried my 32g class 10 and my 16g class 6 (older card as a back up).

HappyDays: 8g of space left on my 32g iphone5s.

Very good questions, as I am at a loss for ideas, any idea or "stab" is appreciated.

First off, the app recognizes the sim card (in the pic you supplied). I can not review any video I have taken on my Samsung through the album feature, I have to use either my Ipad or transfer the video to my PC. Your device may not be able to play videos at the resolution you are using.

Try changing the Preview Quality in the App to 320x240 at 15fps, today when I was flying my bird, the video froze on the app so I changed the preview Quality and had no more probs after that.

See if that helps..

Enable the Airplane mode on your Iphone, I have heard ppl say that it has helped them fix problems

I would uninstall and reinstall the app and clear the cache on your phone.

I know you are using an iPhone, but on my Android Note3 I always do this before flying, maybe you can do something similar on your iPhone: select airplane mode, re-enable wifi that gets turned off in airplane mode. clear RAM which frees up maximum memory. never a freeze up. 640x480 15fps

So i checked all my firmware on both the PV2+ and the radio and re-updated them. It worked last night before bed, i tried 2 power cycles and i was 2 for 2.

came home this afternoon and turned her on, and the last image from last night was stuck on the screen with the same message "USB connecting..."

uninstalled, reinstalled. airplane mode on/off, wifi on/off ...

no change.

Am i seriously the only one with this problem?

Another stab in the dark... (Stab because the phantom is a complicated system. If you think about it and so many things can go wrong).

Use the DJI app and format the card.
If no luck, try formatting on a PC. Maybe try FAT32 or NTFS. I think it can detect the card but cannot write to it. Try the one supplied as some cards can be dodgey (ie 4gig card phantomed as a 32gig).
Maybe do a reset setting in the camera (I don't think this will work)

^^ Tried that too. bought a 16g card, formatted and no luck.

Here's another kicker... ONLY when it has the "USB connecting" message on screen I can access the gallery of all pics on whatever card is in the Phantom (as if it is functioning normally). The other times, i cannot even view the gallery.

Out of 4 tries today, it worked properly once. 25% operational rate... not so happy with that lol

Did you crash the unit whereby the gimbal arm exerts force onto the camera/gimbal control board?
Sounds like you have damaged board.

Sometimes you have to format the SD card when you go into the app. Also look at the SD card itself and try another make. As said clear cache on your phone, turn airplane off etc etc

UPDATE::

After swapping parts out with another phantom, the shop and myself were able to determine that the error was coming from the CAMERA, NOT the wifi module. Now I have to send this back to DJI to get it "repaired" when it should never have broken in the first place. Extremely disappointed in the quality of their product!

easydubsit said:
UPDATE::

After swapping parts out with another phantom, the shop and myself were able to determine that the error was coming from the CAMERA, NOT the wifi module. Now I have to send this back to DJI to get it "repaired" when it should never have broken in the first place. Extremely disappointed in the quality of their product!

+1
I had experienced the exact same exact issue you had first described in your OP, and discovered the camera was at fault as well.
POI, my P2V+ had only been flown several times at best, never crashed, or even experienced what may be considered a hard landing. The video would freeze upon opening the dji camera app. and I found I was unable to obtain a live feed, record or take a still photo.
While many were experiencing issues with the video Tx module, this issue was ultimately found to be within the camera itself, and I had thought it best to send it into one of the newly established dji service centers located in Miami, Fl. as it was still under warranty, and I felt confident the work would be done professionally. A (7 day) turn around repair time was also mentioned, which sounded very attractive in comparison to the wait time offered by the repair center in LA.
The camera was repaired and found to work as it should as result of the repair work completed, however for some unknown reason a second issue had shown its ugly face. The quad would no longer establish the recommended minimum (6) Satellite lock, an issue never experience before sending it in for repair. A comparison test with another P2V+ model however revealed that specific model was able to lock onto no less than (8) satellites in the same location at precisely the same time of day.
As result I opened the model up to further inspect the GPS module cable, this to determine if it was fully seated into its connector, or had possibly been compromised in some fashion. Although everything appeared in order, I found that many of the plastic sleeves within the lower shell had been fractured and in some instances completely broken with pieces of plastic laying within the lower hull, most likely as result of over tightening the screws used to fasten the upper and lower hull halves. Coincidently, I had taken photos of the internals just prior to sending the model in for repair, and everything was fine at that time.

Well, what had began primarily as a camera issue had now escalated to much more, this as result of the repair work which had been done.
My first thought was to contact the repair center in Miami Florida by phone, but thought an e-mail outlining my findings with supporting photo's of the damage would be appropriate as well. However, as result the dealer/authorized repair center has yet to respond to either means I've used to contact them.
I've found it necessary to escalate my concerns to a formal complaint with dji in LA, and hope for better results.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20