Camera Flare?

Reaction score
Any idea what causes this ?
I think it might be a type of over exposure problem. At first I thought something on the camera but it doesn't move wiith the yaw of the AC .
I have trouble with over exposure generally. We have such a difference between
the brightness of the sky and the ground .
This bright spot happens mostly when the sun is low behind me.
Green 1.png Green 2.png

You can't fight that - it's an optical effect.
Heiligenschein - Wikipedia
I agree! Pilots often refer to it as 'Glory'. Usually a halo effect around the airplane's shadow, but the shadow of the phantom might be engulfed by the bright spot. Try shooting at more of an angle to the sun so that shadow is out of the frame.

Rod ! fancy seeing you here .You were not far off the mark .Now I can add another German word to the only other one I know Spucktute (sick bag . I went on a German cruise boat once ):)

Reactions: RodPad
Rod ! fancy seeing you here .You were not far off the mark .Now I can add another German word to the only other one I know Spucktute (sick bag . I went on a German cruise boat once ):)
That's funny, I was kind of making it up as I was typing, but I do like to figure things out. :D

Rod

The Springs you're not alone :)
Here are 2 pics with the Glory effect (Heiligenschein) taken on 23.04.2016 @ 19:30 local time, with the Sun low behind the bird and me (sunset was @ 20:22).
In the 1st pic it can be seen bird's shadow in the middle of the Glory. I should put a small animated gif to show how while the bird was descending, the shadow simply appeared in the middle of the halo.

ScreenHunter_20.jpg ScreenHunter_19.jpg

It also was present in the beginning of this video where the sun was not as low.I have noticed that sometimes the AC shadow is in the spot sometimes not,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl