Camera Fell of Phantom 3 Standard- no crash

Reaction score
My camera from the Phantom 3 standard fell off drone while it was in the case. There was no crash or anything but I think I didn't secure it enough. The only thing that is damaged is the little black ribbon that is connected from the camera to the drone. Is that something I can fix myself? I have a return repair set up with Phantom but wanted to throw this question out there to the forum. Thanks so much for your help. Photo attached.
Jay

[email protected]

Attachments

• Phantom 3 standard.jpg
    Phantom 3 standard.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 993
Well, my friend crashed my drone into a tree and the camera detached on impact of falling.

The drone still flies though, but the camera is now detached. I don't know how safe it or if the drone still works properly without a camera.

He's at least lucky the drone still works. If his engineering buddy can fix the camera then I may forgive him and let this thing go. But I also hope he is prepared for the worst and figures out a way to replace my drone or comp me in some other way of similar value to the drone. I can easily go buy another one, but I don't really want my friend to just think he can crash a drone without consequences.

I don't know why he didn't have any interest to go buy the drone I have, especially it can be only $400 on sale. They're not super expensive and it's easy to fly. He was just dumb and lowered the altitude I set it at for him.

Replacing the black ribbon cable is not rocket surgery, it just requires patience. I did mine after watching a few YouTube videos.
The only issue I ran into was installing the camera onto the pitch shaft with the shaft 180° off.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4