Camera feed goes black, and won't reconnect

Reaction score
Sometimes after establishing a connection after a minute or 2 the camera feed will go black. I still have WiFi connectivity as all of the telemetry info is still updating on the camera view screen, and I can go to Ground Station view screen and see everything working there too. Also it shows green dot next to the SSID. It's just a black video feed.
Hitting the back button in the app and then trying to get back into the camera mode usually will not get it to display video again. Going into settings and changing the video resolution and then going back in usually will not get it to show video again. Closing the app and re-opening it usually will not get it to show video again. Usually the only way I can get it to show video again, is to land the Phantom and power cycle it and start all over again.

Any ideas on what could be causing it, as well as what I can do to get video feed back without power cycling the Phantom itself? I know I can still fly it using Ground Station view, but would like live video view.

Thanks.

-Scott

sbarton said:
Sometimes after establishing a connection after a minute or 2 the camera feed will go black. I still have WiFi connectivity as all of the telemetry info is still updating on the camera view screen, and I can go to Ground Station view screen and see everything working there too. Also it shows green dot next to the SSID. It's just a black video feed.
Hitting the back button in the app and then trying to get back into the camera mode usually will not get it to display video again. Going into settings and changing the video resolution and then going back in usually will not get it to show video again. Closing the app and re-opening it usually will not get it to show video again. Usually the only way I can get it to show video again, is to land the Phantom and power cycle it and start all over again.

Any ideas on what could be causing it, as well as what I can do to get video feed back without power cycling the Phantom itself? I know I can still fly it using Ground Station view, but would like live video view.

Thanks.

-Scott

Yeah, contact your dealer ASAP. If it's past the first two weeks, you might have to go dirtily through DJI.

Seen a few posts from people experiencing this recently. Seems some peoples' wireless modules inside their Phantoms have been overheating, killing the video downlink until the aircraft is reset then it's ok for another few minutes. Be interested to know what sort of climates these guys are operating in and if there's a problem with the P2V+ in scorching conditions.

It sucks, doesn't it.

Run the most recent version of the app and firmware. Those seem to be the least problematic. Buy the Vision Booster app. It helps. When mine drops out, restarting the app usually brings it back. If that doesn't work, restarting the wifi extender usually does the trick. It certainly ruins a flight though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj