camera disconnect

I use the Vision app on an iPhone 4s.

After reverting my Phantom firmware to version 1.08 using P2 Assistant version 1.08, the flying problems went away but the camera connection problems started.

The camera got to the point where it would display only the image from the last lost camera connection. However, the telemetry data still displaced correctly and I could use the "radar" function. I could even take pictures and shoot video, even though there was no onscreen indication that the video and pictures were being recorded. However, I had no FPV.

So I removed the Vision app on the iPhone, went to the app store and re-installed the Vision app. It was a more recent version. Result: the app will now not connect at all to the Phantom.

Arrggghhh!

Waynet2 said:
Just delete and reinstall.

I did it and it worked so far I still have a little toilet bow effect going on right now. The app is working just fine once I deleted it and reinstalled it. The advise worked out good, however, we still need to figure out this wandering about vs locking in quickly

on my droid the " just delete and re-install" did not work....re=installed the previous app. version and will try today and see what happens,,,,i can see why peeps are going the go pro and on board reliable FPV...these upgrade glitches suck! worked great before.....

If you have the latest version of the app, you will have these problems until you update your firmware. The new app and the old firmware don't play nicely together.

Yeah well I guess I'm going to suffer on my camera then
as i'm not upgrading my firmware I don't want the limitations and I don't want to chance that my bird will stop flying perfect
As it is doing now I don't know why every time they fix one thing they screw up another

The winner for most-often-repeated fallacy of the past 2 weeks:
"There are limits in the latest firmware that do not exist in earlier versions".

I've read the above words, in one form or another, a hundred times in this Forum. However, altitude and distance limits could be set in the old firmware just as they can be set in the new. I understand (and have experienced) that versions 2.0 and 3.0 of the P2 Assistant create flying-stability problems, but I am not referring to those programming errors.

"No fly zones" exist around airports in the new software for flights which are programmed using GPS waypoints. Is it not true that waypoint flying is something that cannot be done AT ALL with the older software? If so, then what could you do with the old software that you are prevented from doing with the new software?

BobUnplugged said:
If you have the latest version of the app, you will have these problems until you update your firmware. The new app and the old firmware don't play nicely together.

Firmware was updated....the issue still exists....the new app is hosed up ...i installed the prior version of the app and it works the way it did before perfectly......thanks for the link "BMNEWS"......

What i have found in my case is: the new firmware and the new app DO NOT work together....

I am using a droid,,but i see it also affecting iPhone users as well...

Lets.see what DJI does to fix it....

Just want to clarify my last post,..the issue i was having with tje new droid app, was the video downlink ONLY...everything else with the new app worked well....the other thing i noticed with the new app was the camera took about 4 or five seconds to appear available.to select on the main screen ..,this doesnt happen on the previous app. Version and when it did show as avail to select.. ...when i selected it..the app crashed...two or three times...then ...when the camera view did finally appear..the screen was fuzzy..intermit video....freezing frames...but all other functions worked...i was able to down load the images and video from the SD card without issue...so ..,DJI needs to roger up and acknowlege the issue and release a new version..or advise to use the prior version and make it available to download...

I to am/was having the video freezing pixelation issue after updating. I emailed DJI and explained the problem and this is the answer I received, seems the app messes with the ssid name causing the the bird to switch connection directly to the phantom bypassing the range extender, thus shortening the range to 30' or less.

Jorge G. (DJI Technology)
Apr 14 08:47

Dear ******

Thank you for your email. Go to settings on the Vision App Phone and there is a new feature "Rename SSID of Range Extender". Put the number of the "Current SSID" onto the "New SSID" field, confirm the last 6 digits of the Mac address on the physical range extender as instructed by the app.

You can reach our phone support by calling 818-235-0789. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST).
We will do our best to help you resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Customer Service Representative

F6Rider said:
I to am/was having the video freezing pixelation issue after updating. I emailed DJI and explained the problem and this is the answer I received, seems the app messes with the ssid name causing the the bird to switch connection directly to the phantom bypassing the range extender, thus shortening the range to 30' or less.

Dear ******

Thank you for your email. Go to settings on the Vision App Phone and there is a new feature "Rename SSID of Range Extender". Put the number of the "Current SSID" onto the "New SSID" field, confirm the last 6 digits of the Mac address on the physical range extender as instructed by the app.

You can reach our phone support by calling 818-235-0789. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST).

Thank you.

Thanks for the info,,,,have you tried that fix and has it corrected the problem?

jwuman said:
F6Rider said:

Dear ******

Thank you.

Thanks for the info,,,,have you tried that fix and has it corrected the problem?
I was excited to read the above suggested solution. However, it did not correct the camera problem with my Phantom.

Bigbells said:
jwuman said:
F6Rider said:

Dear ******

Thank you.

I was excited to read the above suggested solution. However, it did not correct the camera problem with my Phantom.

I am hearing the same thing as well. i havent yet personally heard from DJI after my email to them,,,,would love to see what they tell me to do....i have not tried the above since i reverteed to the old droid app as soon as i noticed the issue,,,,hoping we hear from someone who has been able to correct it.....

A possible mea culpa, but definitely an "I dunno what I did but it works" (a lesser known Latin phrase).

After doing all kinds of things to get my FPV back with my P2V, I was able to restore it. I now have the most recent iOS Vision version but I have the 1.08 firmware for my bird. This is giving me the best of both worlds... stable flying and hovering with not much j-hooking and not much wandering when yawing, plus connectivity with the camera including the latest icon that shows the charge status of the range extender.

I did so many things to try and restore unfrozen condition to the Vision app that I don't know which one worked.. however, I know for certain that at one point I had caused additional problems by failing to fully re-insert the plug from the Phantom into the back of the camera. Once I pushed it in that last eighth of an inch, I was able to get back in business.
Among the things I did: I installed firmware 2.0, then 3.0, then back to 1.08. I unplugged and replugged the cable into the back of the camera. I shut down and restarted many times. I switched the 3-position switch on the back of the camera to each of the 3 positions following restarts. I employed the re-entering of "current SSID" into the "new SSID" box in the Vision app settings.
To the best of my knowledge, the last 6 characters of the SSID are entered twice: once in the "new SSID", then again when the software asks for a verification number. Mine was four digits (starting with a 6) followed by the letters cc. I tried the last 6 characters of the other number that is printed on my range extender, but that didn't work.

I almost expect to again have a problem the next time I fly far enough to lose camera connection. That is what started my recent issues.

My P2V, camera, and iOS worked perfectly from the time they came out of the box in early January through day before yesterday. Then yesterday I was not able to get FPV with the camera, although everything else works. I could even take pictures. Today I tried again, and everything worked, BUT I got my first ever message that I was in a restricted area where I've always flown for weeks and should not take off. I emphasize that I have done nothing to upgrade anything to v3.0. It seems to have upgraded that business itself.
The only difference between day before yesterday and yesterday was that I may not have turned off the DJI app in my iPhone, and it tried for 24 hours to maintain connection with the P2V which was nowhere nearby. I've reinstalled the app. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
(Edit added next day). The reinstalled app works perfectly, and the test flight was just as perfect.

guyatl2000 wrote:After being on hold for 1:40, I finally got through to DJI support in LA. The guy that answered told me that there has been an issued with 1.0.39 with some Samsung devices but was not aware of a massive problem with many other android devices. I get the impression that Hong Kong has no idea what is going on. I suggested that the folks in Hong Kong need to look at this blog and some of the recent ratings that 1.0.39 is getting on Google Play. If guess if you stick your head in the sand long enough, it will go away???

can make this **** up....come on DJI!,,,really?

F6Rider
I can confirm that the solution you posted did work for me.
P2V + Galaxy Note 2 + updated firmware and app
Thank you for posting. Huge help.

SSID is case sensitive and MAC Address is not case sensitive so make sure you make the SSID the same as the one listed and when you confirm the MAC Address case doesn't matter.

Dear ******

RScottCampbell said:
F6Rider
I can confirm that the solution you posted did work for me.
P2V + Galaxy Note 2 + updated firmware and app
Thank you for posting. Huge help.

SSID is case sensitive and MAC Address is not case sensitive so make sure you make the SSID the same as the one listed and when you confirm the MAC Address case doesn't matter.

Dear ******

gonna try this tonight,,,,,,stay tuned

I just did the prescribed SSID rename fix ,,,,,,It seems to have worked on my droid with the newest app version,,,,,did a range test inside the house tonight and the video was clear wiyh no issues with the camera view,,,,hoping it stays this way,,,,,prior to this fix,,,, the video was intermittent even standing right next to it,,,,i am hoping this works in the air,,,,hope to try it soon,,,,,will keep updating as i go,,,,,,

SSID rename-dji recommened fix ====didnt solve the issue with the app.....video still screwy....i have un-installed version 1.0.39 and reinstalled 1.0.38...but noticed today while test flying ....the quad was yawing all by itself...spining 180 degrees left and right while in a hover in gps mode?...several times.,,,kinda had a mind of its own,,,,/i landed ,,,power cylced....re-calibrated compass...flew once again.and it continued to yaw without input from the tx......very strange,,,,,so...i landed and here i sit,,,trying to figure out how to revert the firmware from 3.0 to version 2.0....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4