Camera direct to tablet?

Reaction score
Did anyone know whether the camera/gimble can be connected directly to a tablet for output? Just curious as I picked up one of these handheld gimble attachments as per the attached pic and it has a spot to mount the tablet mount, but not sure why they would bother if you can't connect it directly to the Phantom.

Attachments

• 1452650190310.jpg
    1452650190310.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 435
You should have gone for an inspire 1 and an OSMO. That looks like a really difficult way to turn your phantom into a stabilised 4K camera and close to useless if you can't mount the remote also.

Bottom line is, I bought the P3P for aerial videography purposes, saw this and thought it would be cool to turn it in to a handheld gimbal with a 40 dollar addon if possible and if not I'll send it back.

Last edited:
I was trying to be constructive. Without a convenient way to obtain video feed and canera control its arggably useless... you need the remote and aircraft powered for stabilisation and recording in any case. I would return it.

And yes, i suspect it was advertised as the solution to turn your phantom into a stabilised 4k canera. They wouodnt have nentioned you need a two man/woman crew to operate it.

Yep thanks that's pretty much my take on it, just wanted to confirm that there was indeed no direct connection available between the camera and a tablet.

Someone else on the forums was kind enough to post an example of something very similar except it has a hook to hang the remote on, makes perfect sense to me and easy enough to modify this one the same way; what will that get me? That's right - a handheld gimballed 4K camera for 30 bucks over the cost of the Phantom 3.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic