Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Camera direct to tablet?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by ScopeTech, Jan 12, 2016.

1. ScopeTech

Did anyone know whether the camera/gimble can be connected directly to a tablet for output? Just curious as I picked up one of these handheld gimble attachments as per the attached pic and it has a spot to mount the tablet mount, but not sure why they would bother if you can't connect it directly to the Phantom.

Attached Files:

2. John Locke

So you bought that without knowing how it works, and no instructions? RTFM?

3. With The Birds

You should have gone for an inspire 1 and an OSMO. That looks like a really difficult way to turn your phantom into a stabilised 4K camera and close to useless if you can't mount the remote also.

4. ScopeTech

Wow, aren't you quite the douche. I'm sure you make a lot of friends with that attitude.

dirtybum likes this.
  5. ScopeTech

Bottom line is, I bought the P3P for aerial videography purposes, saw this and thought it would be cool to turn it in to a handheld gimbal with a 40 dollar addon if possible and if not I'll send it back.

#5 ScopeTech, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  6. With The Birds

I was trying to be constructive. Without a convenient way to obtain video feed and canera control its arggably useless... you need the remote and aircraft powered for stabilisation and recording in any case. I would return it.

7. With The Birds

And yes, i suspect it was advertised as the solution to turn your phantom into a stabilised 4k canera. They wouodnt have nentioned you need a two man/woman crew to operate it.

8. ScopeTech

Yep thanks that's pretty much my take on it, just wanted to confirm that there was indeed no direct connection available between the camera and a tablet.

9. With The Birds

There are opportunists about. A lot wouldnt bother to return it so a nice profit.

10. ScopeTech

Someone else on the forums was kind enough to post an example of something very similar except it has a hook to hang the remote on, makes perfect sense to me and easy enough to modify this one the same way; what will that get me? That's right - a handheld gimballed 4K camera for 30 bucks over the cost of the Phantom 3.