Camera different than GoPro..?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Is it possible to use on Phantom 2 another camera and gimbal, not Zenmusse and GoPro? BTW, I lost my drone on May and found on December, unfortunatelly without camera. But after over half year outside in rainy weather the battery had still one light! I charged it up, dry the drone up, put some duct tape (it had some cracks) and... still working! :-D

Hi everyone,
Is it possible to use on Phantom 2 another camera and gimbal, not Zenmusse and GoPro? BTW, I lost my drone on May and found on December, unfortunatelly without camera. But after over half year outside in rainy weather the battery had still one light! I charged it up, dry the drone up, put some duct tape (it had some cracks) and... still working! :-D
Nice story, thanks. Makes a change to all the "I lost my drone on my second flight" threads...

Half a year and it still works?!?!?! That's crazy.
They do seem pretty tough, I found a p2 last year in a bush and all the screws had gone rusty, battery was dead and two motors full of grit but the drone seems to still work when I put a battery in it.

As for a gimbal and camera, yes you can use different ones. Search BGC gimbal on Google or ebay, it costs around £30 and is meant to be pretty good. Don't get the special lightweight version though as that one's crap. You can even set it up to work with the control lever on your transmitter. Its not quite as plug and play as the zenmuse gimbals, but if you follow the instructions in this video it shouldn't be too hard.

Forgot to add: it will also work with practically any action cam thanks to the velcro strip mount. Even the mobius.

And as for a new action cam, runcam make some good quality ones, or there's the gopro hero + or hero + lcd which can be found for around £100 on ebay. If you're looking for something cheaper, just watch out for claims of 4k capabilities. A lot of the dirt cheap action cams from China claim they can do 4k recording - this isn't "real" 4k, often just 1080p blown up and messed around with, making it actually look worse than 1080p.

I would highly recommend the gopro hero + lcd. I'm not some gopro fan boy or anything, I just genuinely think that the footage and build quality from the gopros is unrivaled. If you really don't want the gopro, then I think the next best option is the isaw edge. I was going to get this but decided to go with the gopro in the end because apart from finding it for £100 on ebay, I've had positive experiences with their customer service in the past, I know the gopro app works well and I know the build quality is excellent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Khan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20