Camera Detached and ribbon cable broke

Reaction score
I've been having issues with the gimbal occasionally jerking all over in a variety of directions. One flight it will be fine and the next few it goes haywire.

Yesterday it had what I will compare to a violent seizure as it jerked all over at high speeds, in all directions (up down left right). It started slamming hard with audible sounds of the gimbal reaching it's hard limit of turning (hitting whatever stoppers there are in all directions).

Before I had a chance to turn it off, the camera literally fell off. This all occurred while on the ground without the motors running and the battery on with the Phantom powered up. Thankfully I was not in the air away from my yard which would have made the camera a lethal weapon falling from the sky. I did not see anything that held the camera's mount in place other than what appears to be a copper wound circular mount which I assume is magnetic? Oh and the thin ribbon cable that broke cleanly down the center.

I managed to record some video of it jerking around rather spasmodically just shortly before the camera fell off.

After the camera detached, the gimbal continued to jerk around in all directions until I powered it off. Will add pics shortly and video later when I get back from work.

Great, so it can even break while on the ground without a crash...
That is one weak shitty design.

msweigart said:
I've been having issues with the gimbal occasionally jerking all over in a variety of directions. One flight it will be fine and the next few it goes haywire.

Yesterday it had what I will compare to a violent seizure as it jerked all over at high speeds, in all directions (up down left right). It started slamming hard with audible sounds of the gimbal reaching it's hard limit of turning (hitting whatever stoppers there are in all directions).

Before I had a chance to turn it off, the camera literally fell off. This all occurred while on the ground without the motors running and the battery on with the Phantom powered up. Thankfully I was not in the air away from my yard which would have made the camera a lethal weapon falling from the sky. I did not see anything that held the camera's mount in place other than what appears to be a copper wound circular mount which I assume is magnetic? Oh and the thin ribbon cable that broke cleanly down the center.

I managed to record some video of it jerking around rather spasmodically just shortly before the camera fell off.

After the camera detached, the gimbal continued to jerk around in all directions until I powered it off. Will add pics shortly and video later when I get back from work.

Can you please post the video?

Here is Video of one of the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Gimbal problems I had.

This is while the Quad Copter was stable on a park bench next to me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knvgIfe-T8E[/youtube]
#djiphantomvision
#djiphantomvisiongimbal
#gimbalproblems
#phantomquadcopterproblems

That sucks man! My gimbal is exactly like that. I crashed though, so i kinda know what to blame. Though my camera did not fall off.. I have tried a lot of different things.. Forced firmware update, Advanced calibration (With clamp on gimbal to keep it steady) dismantled the gimbal completely (and the ribbons) to see if the error was caused by loose connections, re-alignment of the gibal (Unscrew the covers and you will see a pot meter, i had a new gimbal to compare with to make sure the pot meters where correct) Still no luck.. Really eager to fix the gimbal.. They don`t come cheap..

I think I'll keep my Tarot a little bit longer than expected...

I have exactly the same problem. Ribbon has snapped and broken. Still trying to get a reply from dji. Ribbon is simply not man enough for the job.
Good luck

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 873
NotYourName said:
That sucks man! My gimbal is exactly like that. I crashed though, so i kinda know what to blame. Though my camera did not fall off.. I have tried a lot of different things.. Forced firmware update, Advanced calibration (With clamp on gimbal to keep it steady) dismantled the gimbal completely (and the ribbons) to see if the error was caused by loose connections, re-alignment of the gibal (Unscrew the covers and you will see a pot meter, i had a new gimbal to compare with to make sure the pot meters where correct) Still no luck.. Really eager to fix the gimbal.. They don`t come cheap..

Do you have pictures of with the covers off showing where the pots are?

Thanks

Here is another youtube clip that shows the issue, this is also what I have as an issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB_MOef3NEY

I've managed to get a reply from DJI Europe offering me to send it to the for repair after I approve the charge...
So... My camera camp off after a landing..and no it was not a crash, a gust of wind came as i was about to touch the ground pushing the Vision slightly forward endin in the Vision bouncing as it touch the ground and flipped forward leaning on the props. The camera fell off and the cable was ripped in 2.

As I noticed earlier in the conversation, what the f*ck happens if the camera falls of in mid-air from 50 meters??? Can you trust this not helping landing in someones head??

Scary if you ask me, i would not be suppressed if there will be a modification soon that catches the camera from falling off.

Back to my issue, I'm not sure if i will she it, to me this is a cable that's broken but why is the entire gimbal going crazy?? only the cable??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers