Camera Delay Issue

J Dot, Thank you very much for the info!! I was having the same issue with delayed FPV video on my iphone 4s and phantom 2 vision. I had read elsewhere that people had been able to fix it by upgrading to the iphone 5. That may work but since the iphone 4s is also supposed to work with the DJI app it something didn't seem to add up. I'm glad I found your post before I went and dropped US$400 on an upgrade to a new iphone. I simply deleted the app and re-installed it on my iphone 4s - it works like a champ now! By hindsight I suspect that is also what fixed it for those that upgraded to the iphone 5 - it probably wasn't the iphone 5 hardware, it most likely was the fact they had to install the app on the iphone 5 which worked the same as a reinstall on the same iphone 4. Anyway, thanks again! Worked awesome and saved me $$ that I can spend on phantom 2 vision mods. :)

I spoke to DJI weeks ago about this issue and they said they were aware of the app issues with FPV lag and were working on a fix. 6 weeks later and still no update to the app. For a $1500 investment, I'm getting crappy service here and am not happy. I can fly but with the video on my phone stopping and starting, it's very limiting. Everything was perfect prior to the update.

Had the same problem with the iPhone 4, easy solution simply turn down the live view resolution, problem solved! ;)

Thank you for this post.
This week I decided to switch to an old IPhone 4 from my SAM Note 2. The Note 2 has a bigger screen but the shade with magnifier I bought only works with an Iphone.
Anyway when I fired it up I experienced the same delay and as J Dot explained the longer I flew the longer the delay got until it was almost 2 minutes behind. I had landed and was on the ground for 1.5 minutes plus before the video caught up.
I will definitely try these fixes and let you know.

J DOT cool idea with the GPS tracker. Have you needed to use it yet?.. I thought about getting a TAGG for mine. We have one for the dog and it works real good as long as you have cell phone reception.

I thought they had everything tweaked with the 1.1.40 release. It indeed worked fine for a while, but then I started getting spotty wifi, lost picture and even had problems getting video off my sd card. After a weekend of problems I reverted back to 1.1.38 and it never skipped a beat last night!

I tried the change of the video to the FPV to a lower resolution and it help a little but then I started having lag issues again. Switched back to my NOTE 2 (Has Old Version of APP) and things seemed better immediately.

Another ideas for the Iphone 4 before I give up on it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.