Camera Delay Issue

Reaction score
I just few my Phantom Vision 2 and there was about a 30 second delay between my iPhone and the camera. I would turn the Phantom and 30 seconds later, I'd see the turn in the iPhone. This even happened when I was holding the quadcopter in my hand. Any idea why? It's never done this before.

Hello Friend,
Yes, same thing happened to me flies fine but FPV was toast, you would turn the camera, then like 8 seconds later, the image on your phone would turn , VERY Frustrating! Anyhow I have GREAT NEWS! Easy fix.

( depending upon you smart phone ? )
I run a IPhone 4s ( 16gb )

First, my problem started when my DJI app ( Auto updated )
So FIRST, I deleted the DJI APP, and then re-installed it. This fixed the delay, but was still a little glitchy, so this next part YOU will have to play with, and I'll explain.
( my original setting was ( 640x480 30fps ) when glitching

With your phantom on ( ready to fly ) NO BLADES! Everything on ( controller, wifi extender, and P2V )
With ( GOOD BATTERIES IN RADIO, and FULLY charged batteries in P2V and extender!
Once on go into setting on app home screen, you'll need to find ( PREVIEW SETTINGS )
Under this setting you have 4 options, actually 3, I believe option 4 is solely for P2V+.
Ok option 1: 320x240 15fps ( this means your P2V, will be sending your phone a ( 320pixel x 240 pixel image sent at 15 frames per second ) this setting is a virtually low resolution image ( pretty crappy if you ask me ) only FPV will suffer ( actual camera recordings and images will still be high quality ( but you can change that as we'll, but that is another topic ) this setting has no delays, ok, next is OPTION 2: 320x240 30fps, this setting is a much nicer image, same pixel x pixel, but broadcast at a much faster rate ( 30 frames per second ) this setting has no delays
OPTION 3: ( this is my setting ( iPhone 4s )) 640x480 15fps ( beautiful quality FPV image, with no delays )
OPTION 4: ( I do not recommend this option ) 640x480 30fps ( every time I use this setting my camera starts to delay, and the delay gets longer and longer the longer I keep it going, got to 30 seconds behind once! ) still flew beautifully, but FPV was WORTHLESS!

So
1) delete & reinstall DJI APP
2) reduce your ( preview setting ) to a lower rate
( you will have to experiment depending on your phone?

I run stock P2V,( I have updated to latest firmware ( P2V, and controller, I also updated camera drivers ) and iPhone 4s my PREVIEW setting is ( 640x480 15fps )
I'm running full 1080p ( I chose center option on picture width )
Nice all around picture, not too wide, not too skinny! ( this setting is in the app as we'll,
You choose camera as if you were going to fly, then choose camera setting ( little gear ) bottom right
Then find picture quality I believe ( you will see 1080p ect ) you can play with this as we'll ( personal preference to you and what you want to capture on pictures/video )

Take care and post if this works, as I am the only other to try this method! Would like to prove it works!
Your friend
Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )
Pic 4 fun:
42EF6CEE-7382-488B-9373-99B7C09E48EC_zpsdeqaceer.jpg

I'm having the same issue. Very frustrating indeed.
Only today I realized the app has been updated because of the little radar on the bottom left corner.
I'll try your setting and thanks for taking your time to post about it. :D

Thanks. I'll try this but I'm also having flight issues for the first time. With the joy sticks at a neutral position, my P2V is spinning slowly. This never happened before. I'm using an iPhone 4s. Could this be from the update as well?

I would hook the phantom to your computer ( assistant software ) and try recalibrating your controller through the assistant software! This may cure your roll issue. Have you updated your phantom to the latest firmware ? If so you may want to reinstall firmware as we'll, it might have not installed right? I recently updated my phantom
1) P2V ( firmware )
2) controller ( firmware )
3) and camera driver ( use memory card for this update )
See DJI TUTORIAL VIDEO ( super easy to do )
4) I also ( recalibrate controller )
5) recalibrated ( magnetic compass )
After all this ( I figured out it was the app, and my PREVIEW SETTING, causing the problem, but updates installed, and are working fine ( only glitch I have ) I occasionally ( when indoors ) doodling, the P2V good into NO FLY ZONE MODE! Goes away upon reboot? A little weird! Maybe I better look into it a bit more. Seeing as how I'm more than 30 min drive away from nearest airport! I can see this going south fast,WE STILL LOVE YOU DJI! ( just not as much )

Anyhow the ORANGE BAG,
Is homemade saddlebag, to hold my GPS TRACKER, to my P2V! Customized, lol!
3A1B3F46-399C-4B42-B5D6-498A138A857C_zpsshuz0gfr.jpg

I've also added ( lost please call for reward ) stickers on my P2V & controllers. I went with an orange and white theme!
I love my phantom 2 Vision ( the ole' P2V )

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot. )

The last camera update was in January.
It shouldn't have anything to do with delay on FPV on the phone right?

Probably NOT,
But as most ( electronic devices ) if you upgrade one thing, you have to upgrade everything else as we'll, so there is no issues with compatibility between devices, so you don't have any software conflicts. Although most likely not an issue, still good to stay up to date! ( in my opinion ) I think the biggest issue is most likely ( Preview setting too high ) seems to be the biggest culprit, in most delay cases, although mine was DEFINATELY APP UPDATE, I flew mine for nearly 3 months ( NO ISSUES ) everything was perfect , then FPV went caput, I noticed it for 4 days , then I noticed my APP ( auto updated 4 days earlier ) bing-bing-bing, to coincidental, and sure enough, upon reinstalling the app, delay was gone! ( did have a bit if glitching in FPV, or drop outs, image would freeze ( only for a split second, or get reall pixelated, like a bad satellite signal on a tv, bunch of little square dots everywhere, then I reduced my preview setting, and now she is perfect again, hope this helps!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Any idea why at the same time my copter started spinning counter clockwise even in the neutral position? Also, what is FPV?

FPV ( First Person View )
What you see on your phone when you fly, that is FPV !

Not sure what spinning is? But I would hook it to PC, and run assistant with it hooked up , recalibrate controller, and try to recalibrate compass in a different location ( maybe in the back yard not the front ) or down the road a bit, see if meybe a bad compass calibration? That is a bit odd ( make sure you are using the right mixer for your phantom ( should be : Quad Rotor-X ))
If you have updated to 3.0 , you might try re-updating, maybe something went afoul in the update? Or try to contact DJI, see what they say? But I would do all I could before trying DJI.

I'm sorta new myself, I figured out a lot on my own already, but still learning daily!
Please let me know what goes on! Thanks!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

When the camera delay started happening to me, before I found this post, I called DJI to ask for help. After waiting on hold for 1.5 hours, they said it sounded like a loose cable and I should take apart my Phantom and look for loose connections. Which I did and could not find any loose connections.

After finding Jerry D's post, I deleted 1.0.39 on my Nexus 7 and installed 1.0.38. Problem solved. Thanks for the help. This forum provides WAY more useful information than DJI. Thank you Jerry D.

Peter
Western Colorado

Mine worked fine until the update. Is it possible to go back a version on an iPhone?

AlanL,
Yes it is possible ( there are post on how to do this ) I personally do not know how to do it.
One guy said he had an old copy on iTunes, and just deleted DJI APP off phone , and reloaded ( prior version )DJI APP from iTunes?
( again, just repeating what I read? ) please look around as there are a few posts about this!

As for the yawing, ( spinning around )
( in my opinion ) again I'm no expert, but
Sounds like ( IMU ) calibration issue?
Did you ever crash or land hard?
These sorts of minor mishaps ( hard landing, grazing a tree, dropping it by mistake )
Can cause IMU CALIBRATION issues.
This with possibly bad compass calibration?
Possibly even bad controller calibration ( maybe left stick is a bit STICKY? )

Have you hooked to PC running assistant software?

I ( personally ) am running all newest stuff
1) newest DJI APP
2) newest PC ASSISTANT SOFTWARE
3) newest PC DRIVERS
4) newest firmware ( P2V )
5) newest controller firmware
6) reinstalled camera firmware
Then I
Recalibrated my IMU ( first did basic, but ended up doing advanced as we'll )
Recalibrated controller & RECHECKED when I completed recalibrate
After that I shut it off and rebooted ( hooked to PC again, double checked everything )
All still good, all updates took, and IMU & controller still looking good!
I then took it out into an open field, recalibrated compass before first flight!

Since all that , I have only come across one issue:
Occasionally, when I'm indoors, draining battery or doodling with P2V on, it
Goes into NO FLY ZONE, liftoff unavailable.
But I shut off and back on, and all is we'll?
But everything else has been smooth , I did have a bit if a crash a couple days ago
But upon examining video carefully, one prop clipped a palm tree leaf, causing hard landing/ crash )
I thought it lost power, but I was wrong, the branch/leaf spun the phantom, created toilet bowl effect,
Came down under full power! So it was my fault ! Lol

Hope you get the bad boy fixed soon, as I'm sure you want to fly,
And if you are like me I hate PROBLEMS! Lol!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

guys....there are several other posts out there about this very issue, check them out,,,,,

see DJI response, which by the way doesnt work,,,i have tried all the above fixes,,,had to revert to previous droid app to fix the issue,,,as usual ,,,,,again,,,,,, DJI releasing crap updates,,,,they want us all to buy a plus......

below is their latest response to another forum user about the issue:

Jorge G. (DJI Technology)
Apr 14 08:47

Dear ******

Thank you for your email. Go to settings on the Vision App Phone and there is a new feature "Rename SSID of Range Extender". Put the number of the "Current SSID" onto the "New SSID" field, confirm the last 6 digits of the Mac address on the physical range extender as instructed by the app.

You can reach our phone support by calling 818-235-0789. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST).
We will do our best to help you resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Customer Service Representative[/quote]

BMNEWS posted this below;,,,, and i was able to revert to the previous version and my video problems are gone:

go to http://sharewith.excipere.com/ navigate to the android app you want and download it.

before you install on your device, remove the old version and then install the replacement.
Hopefully DJI will come out with a real fix at some point.....really a double smack in the balls of every person who bought a Vision that now has a Vision + staring them in the wallet with all the bells and whistles that we wanted to begin with and then screw the app up so bad for the vision it now doesnt work the way it once did, kinda makes you wonder?

Thanks J Dot! I usually hold off on firmware up(?)grades and finally upgraded the IOS app a couple of days ago. I immediately had all the problems described here. I did all sorts of research without much luck until I found this site and your solutions. I deleted and reloaded the app on my phone and followed your advice on the settings and just tried it out and everything seems to work fine now. I haven't upgraded any of the other things you mentioned exactly for reasons like this problem, but now I'm considering doing them all. Like most everyone else, I love my PV2, but DJI sure doesn't know the first thing about customer service.

I still can't find out how to revert to the older version on my iPhone. Can someone please help? This "update" has basically rendered my Phantom useless and DJI isn't responding by email and you can't get through to them by phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31