Camera cut

Reaction score
Been doing some long Range FPV testing this past few flights with various boosters antennas ect ect, and i am finding that the videos the fc40 camera is recording are splitting into 2 videos near the end. Now i am using a new memory card and do remember a year a go or so someone else on here having the same problem because if i remember correct the card was not formatted to the format the fc40 camera works best with. How ever this may not be the problem with my new memory card i dont know. Im flying out to about 650mts and then returning home, about half way home i loose FPV which is normal because the transmitter on the camera is facing away. How ever this is not were the video splits into 2, it is normally around another minute or so maybe less after i loose FPV and near the end of the flight that the video splits into 2. Can anyone confirm that once you loose FPV that shortly after that the video will all ways split into 2, or is it just a case of i need to reformat the card in some way. hope this makes sense.

Format the card from the camera app. Also, I am noticing that after 1000 meters on one of my setups that I still see video, but the camera does not respond to commands. So essentially I can receive signals, but cannot send them. I narrowed it down to the setup being able to receive better than it can transmit. It stops recording after a while at this point, but once I get back into a better range it starts again. Thats my only experience so far. Luckily, the camera did not turn off.

Yea i did the format from the camera app, i think that its just a case of once my iphone looses fpv a short time after that it splits the video on the memory card in the camera into 2. I tried at home tonight on the kitchen table with the camera and the phone through the extender and it records constant in 1 video, so it must just be that when i loose fpv a short time after that it splits the video into 2. Not a major issue tho i guess.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub