Camera control

Reaction score
Going to fly my P4 for the first time tomorrow. Had it on my desk getting everything programed and set up. This is probably a dumb question but I didn't see anything in any of the videos or the manual. Is there a control that moves the camera left and right? Or does it only move up and down? I could make it move to the right just a fraction by scrolling the right front wheel. I don't think that is what that is for tho...lol

Going to fly my P4 for the first time tomorrow. Had it on my desk getting everything programed and set up. This is probably a dumb question but I didn't see anything in any of the videos or the manual. Is there a control that moves the camera left and right? Or does it only move up and down? I could make it move to the right just a fraction by scrolling the right front wheel. I don't think that is what that is for tho...lol
If you could pan the camera left and right, you'd get a lensful of landing gear.
In flight you pan the camera by panning the aircraft.
The camera is capable of a small amount of left/right to keep the scene steady and you can observe that by moving the joysticks.
The right thumbwheel is exposure adjustment.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I just flew it for the second time. I still can't get the camera to slowly go down. I can get it to quickly aim straight down by hitting the C1 button (i think it is C1, the one on the bottom left) and pop it back up by hitting it again. Or by turning the left front dial it will pan up. The ONLY way I can make it to go down is to drop quickly down by using C1. I watched every video I could to find the answer but to no avail.

I just flew it for the second time. I still can't get the camera to slowly go down. I can get it to quickly aim straight down by hitting the C1 button (i think it is C1, the one on the bottom left) and pop it back up by hitting it again. Or by turning the left front dial it will pan up. The ONLY way I can make it to go down is to drop quickly down by using C1. I watched every video I could to find the answer but to no avail.
The same dial that pans it up also pans the camera down by turning it the opposite direction. The sensitivity is adjustable in the settings screen. I made mine less sensitive because it makes it easier to get smooth adjustments.

If I turn it the other way...all the way it doesn't move. I have to barely barely dial it and then it will go down. Where in the menu is the settings for that?

The gimbal speed is the adjustment that I was referring too. Did you do the gimbal auto calibrate? That may fix your problem.

Watch for full range of motion while it is going through the calibration, in case it is something mechanical.

I will have to defer to the more technically qualified on this site if it doesn't fix it. I am a novice too. I have only had mine a few months.

I'm glad that it worked! It was my first tech support attempt. It is like the blind leading the blind! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Brojon
Set tilt speed about half way and tilt buffer 20-22 and will give smooth tilt without the abrupt stop at end of tilt.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: JWH

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20