Camera control

Reaction score
I have a p2 with H3 3D gimbal, Hero 3 black cam, isod mini, 2.4ghz datalink and a black pearl FPV screen. Things go well in flight all systems work well and vision to screen with all data is fine. My problem is that prior to installing isod and datalink i was using go pro app for video feed. This worked well and i was able to choose when and how i started recording video or taking photos. With the upgrades added i don't know how to get control over camera? What i end up doing is starting the cam recording prior to take off so it is recording constantly. This ends up making editing etc much more wasteful and creates massive video files. Can anyone tell me what i need to do to get remote control of the gopro functions with the system described or info on what's required to get the function?

I have a p2 with H3 3D gimbal, Hero 3 black cam, isod mini, 2.4ghz datalink and a black pearl FPV screen. Things go well in flight all systems work well and vision to screen with all data is fine. My problem is that prior to installing isod and datalink i was using go pro app for video feed. This worked well and i was able to choose when and how i started recording video or taking photos. With the upgrades added i don't know how to get control over camera? What i end up doing is starting the cam recording prior to take off so it is recording constantly. This ends up making editing etc much more wasteful and creates massive video files. Can anyone tell me what i need to do to get remote control of the gopro functions with the system described or info on what's required to get the function?

Gary the P2 non-vision was not designed to work with the GoPro's wifi as the frequency of the GP and P2 are the same. Now that you have install the data link and hopefully you also attached the BTU (bluetooth) module you can setup a ground station.but you still will be unable use the cameras wifi.

Let me put it to you this way. So far you have been lucky not to have had any mishaps so far while using the GP's wifi to trigger the camera but it would be both careless and reckless if you continue to use it that way.

I was aware of the conflicting signals and stopped using the GoPro app. I then invested in the add ons for the p2, but it would seem this was a waste of time and money? I am still no nearer to having fpv flight with ground station planning functions and remote camera control. Do you have any advice as to how I could achieve the functions I hope for other than dumping all this and getting P4 or Inspire?

I was aware of the conflicting signals and stopped using the GoPro app. I then invested in the add ons for the p2, but it would seem this was a waste of time and money? I am still no nearer to having fpv flight with ground station planning functions and remote camera control. Do you have any advice as to how I could achieve the functions I hope for other than dumping all this and getting P4 or Inspire?

The only thing you didn't list as having is a transmitter to complete the FPV system. Having all the right equipment still will not allow you to trigger the GP while in flight as it has to be turned on and recording before takeoff. I use my GP cameras for other purposes and of course two of my three GP's have modified lens as i am not keen on fisheye. So the choice is up to you

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj