Camera connect to home network??

Reaction score
Will the camera connect to my your home network then ur device android or apple connect to same network??

Could you not use a wifi repeater to extend signal??? Modify a router to repeat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

Sounds logical. Don't see why not. Its just another WIFI device.

Try it and let us know.

We flew it on Saturday. Much fun, used 4 batteries, had 2 premie landings but we were on heavy grass and we weren't paying attention to the "butt light".. Never heard a beep, I though it would beep for low batts....

You'll have fun, get one/ :)

suburban 92 said:
Will the camera connect to my your home network then ur device android or apple connect to same network??

Could you not use a wifi repeater to extend signal??? Modify a router to repeat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

The camera acts as a server, so the pc would have to connect wireless to it. So far, I am having to disable my wired Ethernet and create a connection to the FC40 camera, which the PC sees as a router.

I think DD-WRT firmware mat have an option for this kind of app, but have not tried it. I use a router with DD-WRT firmware as a second wireless router downstairs that gets DHCP from upstairs router. I have a second DD-WRT router that makes an Xbox 360 think it is connected to a wired Ethernet source from a wireless source.

The post quoted below came from page 3 of the thread about extending the range of the FC40 camera.

The Spoofing approach may also work in a home network, if you can work through the duplication of DHCP services.

The Cherokee server running in the FC40 camera establishes itself as 192.168.1.1 and assigns devices connected to IP addresses starting at 192.168.1.100.

Re: Extending the wifi range of the FC40 camera
by jetdust » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:11 pm

FYI: When using the SR10000 it will show up as Amped or something like that so you have to rename to something similar to the cameras wifi name or the app won't connect to the booster. EG: my camera is FC40_S7J061 So I named the booster FC40_S7J062 so it basically tricks the app into thinking that it is connecting to the camera when in actuality its connecting to the booster.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl