Camera came off and ribbon cable torn

Reaction score
Alright, so my craft took a hard crash into a tree and the camera came off and the ribbon cable the connects the cable broke. A few questions.

1. Can the camera be reattached to the gimbal after it comes off once and still function normally? It appears to at least attach. Without the ribbon cable, it's tough to determine if it will function normally.
2. Does anyone have a spare ribbon cable for sale, or know of a dealer that might have one already?

I had two crashes - the first broke one of the three wires in the ribbon, the second broke the gimbel pin that holds the camera. I had both fixed quickly and easily at Dronefly in Newbury Park, California. That may not be convenient for you, but you ought to be able to get replacement parts from them.

It's worth a shot. It seems like most places are reporting pretty long wait times on the ribbon cable, I'll contact dronefly and see if they have one. Thanks!

Great Pumpkin said:
I had two crashes - the first broke one of the three wires in the ribbon, the second broke the gimbel pin that holds the camera. I had both fixed quickly and easily at Dronefly in Newbury Park, California. That may not be convenient for you, but you ought to be able to get replacement parts from them.

This is big news! There are many folks on this forum scratching their heads about how to repair or replace the camera/gimbal. Good to know it was easy for you to get these two common failures repaired. Can I ask what you paid for the repair?

Edit: just checked Droneflys site and they state that they do not repair gimbals or cameras:

http://www.dronefly.com/ProductDetails. ... ode=Repair

Have they had a change of heart but not updated their website?

Replacement for the camera/gimbal assembly was recently about $1000 from a spare parts dealer on ebay...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.