Camera Azimuth ?

There is no camera azimuth per se. You control camera azimuth using the aircraft yaw (rotate left/right). The gimbal will move horizontally but its to counteract movement in the vehicle body to keep the video/image as still as possible despite movements of the aircraft itself.

Reactions: Sams
There is no camera azimuth per se. You control camera azimuth using the aircraft yaw (rotate left/right). The gimbal will move horizontally but its to counteract movement in the vehicle body to keep the video/image as still as possible despite movements of the aircraft itself.

Thanks for your information. but..
azimuth whether it can be displayed on Dji go? so that I can monitor how many degrees of camera movement.

No. And its totally unnecessary. You can't control camera azimuth so whats the point in seeing it on the screen? The Phantom automatically controls it and it will recenter as the Phantom moves around.

Thanks for your information. but..
azimuth whether it can be displayed on Dji go? so that I can monitor how many degrees of camera movement.

You can convert your .txt flight log to .csv format and view the camera pitch and yaw movement. Other then that, there is no other options for what you are asking for.

Reactions: Sams
No. And its totally unnecessary. You can't control camera azimuth so whats the point in seeing it on the screen? The Phantom automatically controls it and it will recenter as the Phantom moves around.

Yes, I know that.
I mean if there is a setting on the screen Dji go to display the azimuth position of the camera?

Here is some video I shot. I was flying both my Phantoms at the same time shooting video of each other. You can see the movement of the P3 in the video. The one taking the video is moving around as much. It was a gusty day as you can see the aircraft tilting into the gusts from time to time.

The video is nearly stationary because the gimbal automaticilly tilts and pans to maintain a stable video despite the movments of the aircraft in the air.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes, I know that.
I mean if there is a setting on the screen Dji go to display the azimuth position of the camera?
NO. Not sure how much plainer we can put it.

Pitch angle (up/down) yes, that is available on-screen. Pan and tilt are not since they are controlled exclusively by the electronics ON the phantom. Not the controller, not the phone/tablet.

NO. Not sure how much plainer we can put it.

Pitch angle (up/down) yes, that is available on-screen. Pan and tilt are not since they are controlled exclusively by the electronics ON the phantom. Not the controller, not the phone/tablet.

Oke, thanks for your explanation.
So, how if I want to read a point or a building or hotspot from a photograph obtained from phantom 3, if it can be obtained the coordinates?

You will have to process the log files as flyNfrank suggests. GPS data is encoded in the EXIF data for the image but thats the location of the Phantom, not what the camera was aimed at. That I know of, the camera PTZ rotations are not stored in the EXIF data. They should be in the logs or the DAT files on the bird. From the Lot/Lan and the rotational data in the log file you should be able to calculate bearing, distance and elevation of points within the image. I have not tried any of that as its never been a need for me so I can't help with the details other than to tell you that the log files are really your only option.

For every photo taken, the Phantom includes the GPS location of the drone in the exif data included in the photo.

But, as I said, it doesn't encode any rotational data in the EXIF that I can see. So you know the location of the phantom but not the location of what the camera is aimed at.

You can get the live P3 Azimuth if you have HDMI board.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers