Camera Appears To Work; Refuses to Save Pix or Video

Reaction score
Everything on the P2V seems to be working just fine, as expected/normal. While on the ground stationery, or in the air flying, from the app (which is streaming video just fine and responding properly, the P2V isn't actually saving any pictures (even though the app goes through the animated 'shutter' snapshot action). When I press the 'video camera' icon on the app, it doesn't appear to do anything now - no action is taken, and, later upon verification, it doesn't have any video on the microSD card. Sometimes when I press it, the 'red dot' will pop up on the icon on the app very briefly, but it doesn't stay. While on the ground testing these scenarios, I notice that the blinking green LED *on the back of the camera* will flash red about the time I press the 'snapshot' icon on the app, but still nothing on the microSD card afterwards. I've tried resetting phone app settings to default, I've tried rebooting the entire P2V, I've tried disconnecting the camera and reconnecting. Same behavior. No errors ever on the app. PC sees the microSD card just fine. When I formatted the microSD card and it removed all the file structure, when I reinserted it into the camera, the file structure was recreated as expected.

I don't know if I've got a bad microSD or a bad camera ... obviously hoping a bad microSD, but not looking like that from the behavior. Anyone else seen this type of behavior ? Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I'm still kinda new to this and hadn't noticed that physical button on the camera. Sure enough, both your scenarios with that physical button worked just fine (individual snapshots, begin/end video recording). I uninstalled the app and re-installed on my smartphone, and now all appears fine. Not sure what happened. I've noticed that if I leave the app running on my phone in-between flights, it sometimes has problems "seeing" the P2V's SSID. I'm wondering if the app has some artifacts/leaks when left running continuously. I'm going to start just shutting down the phone every time since I only use it with the P2V and not as my actual phone.

donniew said:
Everything on the P2V seems to be working just fine, as expected/normal. While on the ground stationery, or in the air flying, from the app (which is streaming video just fine and responding properly, the P2V isn't actually saving any pictures (even though the app goes through the animated 'shutter' snapshot action). When I press the 'video camera' icon on the app, it doesn't appear to do anything now - no action is taken, and, later upon verification, it doesn't have any video on the microSD card. Sometimes when I press it, the 'red dot' will pop up on the icon on the app very briefly, but it doesn't stay. While on the ground testing these scenarios, I notice that the blinking green LED *on the back of the camera* will flash red about the time I press the 'snapshot' icon on the app, but still nothing on the microSD card afterwards. I've tried resetting phone app settings to default, I've tried rebooting the entire P2V, I've tried disconnecting the camera and reconnecting. Same behavior. No errors ever on the app. PC sees the microSD card just fine. When I formatted the microSD card and it removed all the file structure, when I reinserted it into the camera, the file structure was recreated as expected.

I don't know if I've got a bad microSD or a bad camera ... obviously hoping a bad microSD, but not looking like that from the behavior. Anyone else seen this type of behavior ? Thanks.

Greetings:

Sometimes I get this same error. I have to land the Vision, eject the SD card, then reinsert, then check to see if the camera works. Normally after a reinsert or two the Vision reads the SD, and I take off and go back to flying.

I hope this Helps,
Chuggie

Yep, I had ejected and reinserted the card numerous times to no avail. Only thing that fixed it was a reinstall of the app. The physical button worked just fine, so I thought it had to be with the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen