Camera app issues

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just got myself a Phantom Vision 2 and I've flown it around 10 times. All the times, the camera showed up on my iPhone 5S app and I was able to see where the Drone was going. Last night, during last two flights, the Camera is not showing up on my app. Although I can control the recording etc. When the drone returned, I was able to see the photos and videos captured during the flight. I was also unable to control the tilt of the camera with the app. Is there another way to do this from the remote control?

Please let me know how I can get the view back on my iPhone's app display to see where my drone is going and recording and also to control the tilt of the camera.

Cheers,

K.

I had the black screen too. I swiped to waypoint mode there and back and the picture appeared again.

I am going to go ahead and bump this thread. I too have the blacking out issue on the app. I've had my Vision 2 for months now and have never had any issues whatsoever. This appears to be an error with the app. I have complete control over the phantom (running GPS mode) but out of nowhere and within any distance (20ft to 500ft) the camera goes "grey" with a spinning icon in the center, when I back out to menu and select camera again, I am presented with a black screen. Weird part is I can still take pictures but I have no idea what I am looking at.

I am going to try to uninstall the app and re install it today to see if that works. Any other ideas in case that doesnt work?

Something is still very off. I had a successfully hour or so of flight. Then, as I was in my third battery change, the iphone screen started to scramble. The picture was very distorted and I couldn't see anything. I backed out of the camera and went back in. At that point I was presented with a gray screen and a spinning icon in the middle. So frustrating. I STILL could record fine, just couldn't see a live feed.

Can anyone help? I've tried reinstalling the app on my phone and it still is giving me problems. I also tried lowering the frame rate.

First troubleshooting step is to try is a lower Preview Quality setting. Try the lowest setting (320x240 15fps) and see if it works. If it does - then it's a Wi-Fi speed, interference, or reception issue.

I too have had problems with getting the video feed from the Phantom 2 Vision. I can take pics, but don't see anything on the screen. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have written to DJI and UAV Direct (were I bought the unit) and have had no response from either of them....do they not have customer service?? I have reloaded the app. numerous times but still see this happening. I have also loaded all the new firmware....and, speaking of that, I have seen reports that there is new firmware available, but don't see anything come up on DJI website.....what's up with that??? Perhaps we all need to ask for our money back to see it that shakes the tree or not.....thoughts??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic