Camera and Gimbal Lock

id like another one, but i have read people having issues with the 3d printed ones on ebay.

Anyone have a cheap solution that works well? The stock one is a pain to get on and off my P3S and every time i feel in danger of damaging the camera/gimball

Yeah I'm in for this as well. From what I've heard they are all for the 3A/3P. I guess we aren't 'cool' enough with our measly Standards. lol

Reactions: sifu128
What is funny my new P3S and repaired (replacement) P3S. Both came with gimbal lock not completely on. And how many others have posted the same. The P2V+ was pain, the P3S is just scary. I have only put back on once. That was to send it in for repair.:)
I have propguards so mine just sits or (suspended) in a large plastic create.
Anyways..
I don't think they were made to fit.

Easy on and off and quite secure. Cheap and successful and only costs a few dollars. It is made for the P/A but quite literally 1 minute with a flat file and problem solved.

Attachments

• images (1).jpe
    images (1).jpe
    4.3 KB · Views: 419
Reactions: Jesse_M
What is funny my new P3S and repaired (replacement) P3S. Both came with gimbal lock not completely on. And how many others have posted the same. The P2V+ was pain, the P3S is just scary. I have only put back on once. That was to send it in for repair.:)
I have propguards so mine just sits or (suspended) in a large plastic create.
Anyways..
I don't think they were made to fit.
I have had no problems in a year now not using one on p2v3+ and bang around pretty hard bumps in plowed fields in back of golf cart.

MY solution is large cardboard box with original molded cardboard shipping container setting in it. In the hole for the gimbal is a few crumpled sheets of packing paper: gimbals sets down into this and holds it just fine.

Cost: $ 0.00

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

My P3S came with no lens cap. That's ok though, my second camera/gimbal came with the cap and lock. So now I have two gimbal locks that I don't use. Ordered one like Jesse was talking about.

Elastic band as a damper that gives if you forget to take it off but stops it rattling around , works a treat.

My P3S came with no lens cap. That's ok though, my second camera/gimbal came with the cap and lock. So now I have two gimbal locks that I don't use. Ordered one like Jesse was talking about.

My P3S had no lens cap, I sent in for repair, the replacement unit came with one. I kind of forgot a had it. I think I will start using it.
:)

My P3S had no lens cap, I sent in for repair, the replacement unit came with one. I kind of forgot a had it. I think I will start using it.
:)
Yeah, I wanted a lens cap, but the gimbal lock sucks. I would have ordered a new cap, were it not for the fact I had to get a whole new camera/gimbal that came with one. Just curious, did you send it in for gimbal repair?

Yeah, I wanted a lens cap, but the gimbal lock sucks. I would have ordered a new cap, were it not for the fact I had to get a whole new camera/gimbal that came with one. Just curious, did you send it in for gimbal repair?
Nope, sent in because weak remote signal / activates RTH. Sent remote and bird in. I kept the mobile holder. Both the bird and remote were different units. The bird had a lens cap the remote had a mobile holder.

I see. I wondered. I had to dismount my camera/gimbal, sent it to a guy in MN. He said I didn't need to send the whole unit to him, he had a p3s he could mount the camera on to test and diagnose. Ended up getting a whole new camera and gimbal, so I guess the one he's got will be an extra, or parts resource if he cant fix it.
Thanks

Hey guys, I wanted to ask to see what everyone was using to replace the default Gimbal and camera lock for transportation? I do see some listed on DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help and not sure what to go with.

TIA
Dave
I bought this and it is perfect. DJI Phantom 3 Standard - CLEAR Gimbal Lock & Lens Cap
Hey guys, I wanted to ask to see what everyone was using to replace the default Gimbal and camera lock for transportation? I do see some listed on DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help and not sure what to go with.

TIA
Dave
DJI Phantom 3 Standard - CLEAR Gimbal Lock & Lens Cap (Standard only). Ebay

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj