Camera and connection problem

I just got my new Vision 2 in the mail today. Set everything up, take it outside and the camera wouldn't connect to the app. I successfully binded it, but the light never came on at all. I have checked the power connection to the camera and it is secure. It sounds like they have dud cameras being produced. Is this the case?

What's the little white button on the bottom of the camera towards the back for. Is it an on/off switch ?

The button on the bottom of the camera is a shutter/rec button.
It states in the manual that if you press it, it will take a picture or if you press and hold for longer than 2 seconds it will begin recording. I assume they did this in case you can't get the app to connect and still record your flight.

There is official info about this in the user manual.

NEWDJIBUYER said:
I just got my new Vision 2 in the mail today. Set everything up, take it outside and the camera wouldn't connect to the app. I successfully binded it, but the light never came on at all. I have checked the power connection to the camera and it is secure. It sounds like they have dud cameras being produced. Is this the case?

I have heard a couple of other reports of cameras that appear to be DOA. If you've definitely selected wifi on at the rear of the camera, definitely set everything else up correctly (range extender, etc) AND tried to connect using a different phone/device to eliminate that as the issue then I would contact your dealer as it should then be a clear case for a return and replace.

The phantom is binding with my app. I'm just not getting any light on the camera indicator at all. Did anyone have this problem and find a way to fix it? The camera should light up once it is switched to on or wifi on correct? Nothing else needed?

NEWDJIBUYER said:
The phantom is binding with my app. I'm just not getting any light on the camera indicator at all. Did anyone have this problem and find a way to fix it? The camera should light up once it is switched to on or wifi on correct? Nothing else needed?

I had this exact same problem on my first phantom and returned it for replacement. It seems as though there have been quite a few people with dead cameras.

You are correct in saying that the status light on the back of the camera should light up (regardless if connected to the app) when powering on the phantom. Nothing else should be needed

I'd check the camera connection plug and make sure that it is nice and tight in the back of the camera and try power cycling the camera and phantom several times. If she don't turn on I would be asking for a replacement or refund.

Had to come back in and say that it was just my stupidity. After trying everything I went back and jammed the plug in and realized that it wasn't all the way in! :lol:

Same problem here...The camera SSID is just not appearing on the wifi list. I've done all of the up-dates and the re-bind and still no connection. The camera is showing a steady green LED and the Phantom SSID connects with no problems.

I had the same problem.

Here's my fix.

Make sure the white plug is plugged in all the way.
Put a microSD card in the camera. The iPhone app will not see the camera without the microSD card plugged in.

Don't know why the app can't see the camera without the microSD.

Mine worked for a few flights, then would not connect. It showed the last image it received greyed out. I uninstalled the app, then re-installed. Everything works now. I-phone 5.

I have the same problem here...
I couldn't connect my iPhone 5 to the wi-fi but the iphone 5c worked. than iPhone 5C connected to the camera.
Now I can connect to the wi-fi with my iPhone 5 but nothing from the camera, always no connection to camera.
All lights on..
Im 2 days with the PV2 and I didn't any big flight, just one small one that I crashed but I just test the camera after that. All these tests above were after crash.
I think there are some bug or something.. I will test the iPhone 5c again tomorrow.

Hello, I own and operate DronesToronto.com, selling and repairing DJI drones. I wanted to post a reply here and share information about a problem I had and resolved with the help I found in this forum.
- This was first Vision machine and I was stumped. The whole system came up fine and I actually saw the video on two different cell phone devices. I went to the field next day and it showed image briefly, maybe 5 seconds and then never again. The problem I was having is commonly described here "Unable to connect to Phantom Vision 2".
- Long and short of it is I went through the posts and saw Phantoman's note to rebind and use the QR code, I remembered doing this so I ignored his advice initially. In frustration, I finally did the bind by scanning the QR code and it came up on next try. Had I gone to the bind screen, I would have noticed the SSID field etc was blank. Hope this helps somebody else, it appears the binding can get messed up somehow and have to be redone.

Brand new Jan 21. Purchased from Amazon directly from DJI.

Problem:
Can't even connect to Wifi
SSID shows up, but cant connect
Green Light on Camera
Camera Moves and makes noise.
When I try Bind in app without wifi connection message "Get Repeater Info Failed"

So far Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Updated the Phantom 2 Vision FC200 Firmware v1.1.9 Firmware vis micro SD Card.

Instructions in this doc.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... tes_en.pdf

2. Also Updated all the Firmware via the Mac : Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software v1.08

3. Power Cycled The Phantom, Extender, Controller and my Android Phone

4. Also tried to connect to the camera without extender, but no wifi showed up
5. Tried to reset the extender with instructions here:
6. Uninstalled app from Samsung Galaxy Note 3
7. Tried App on Samsung Galaxy s 3

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... e_Extender

6. The light on the camera is Solid Green, even in Wifi mode. This link tells me wifi is off? and the light should be blinking?
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... the_Camera

This is a very frustrating first experience for something marketed as out of the box ready.

I see others are having similar issues:

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4896

Good thing I purchased with Amazon Prime..I think this piece of **** is going back. Seriously considering dropping the cash and upgrading my GoPro2 to a 3 and getting a Gimbal and Phantom 2 without Vision.

Hello all
Just got my pv2 and encountered this issue. I followed all of the good advice in this thread but to no avail.

In the end, and more out of shear frustration I simply pulled out the camera plug and pushed it in again forcefully. Problem solved!!.

Seems that in my case at least, just a dicky plug.

I am having trouble binding a new camera for my P2V.....I can't get it to connect....when I go to bind the camera, it sees the wifi...but then when I go to view camera, it says "cannot connect to camera". Is this one of the dead cameras

I have a Dronexpert gimbal...but don't think this is an issue, since it was working fine before.

Any one get a fix yet, flying a Phantom 2 vision+ did updates and i thought i had it fixed, tried again today, nothing, camera wont connect..... frustrating!

Hello,
I received my Phantom 2 vision + a few days ago. Have all the latest updates in place. I flew last evening with an Apple iphone 5s. Everything went great with FPV. Couldn't wait to get out there today and really have some fun. Weather was perfect. All ready to go but guess what..... no camera connection. Tried re-connecting several times.... nothing!!!!!! Swiped the screen and was able to go to ground station without any problem. Never could get camera to connect for FPV!!!! What is going on? Did I forget something from yesterday????? I found this forum and see that this is an issue with others. I did shoot some video to see if it was working. It did. (I would consider the video noticeably lesser quality than the
gopro 3+ I use with my Quad 350). Anyway, hope there is a simple solution or this thing is going back. What a disappointment. Makes me sick to look at my $$$$$$$ investment....

For any poor soul who happens to have the original problem stated at the start of this thread and happens to get to the end... I have scoured the internet for an answer to this problem and one is not obvious, so I'm going to share my experience. This problem is common for the DJI Phantom 2 Vision. At least, common to people who are stupid enough, (like me), to disconnect the camera from the back while the power to the phantom is on and then touch it with your hand. You will undoubtedly hear a "cracking" or static type sound coming from inside the phantom body. That is the sound a small resistor on the central board being fried. I didn't realize this until disassembling the phantom and there is really no information on the internet about it. It is obvious when you look at it what happened though. The resistor is really to small to try and change out, and there looks to be a fair amount of collateral damage anyway. What you have to do is replace the whole central board. Amazon has them for $59 at the time of this writing here:

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-DJI-Phant ... tral+board

My phantom is under warranty and I could have called DJI, sent it to a repair center, etc. etc. .. who knows when I would have gotten it back, and what a pain in the butt.

So anyway, I'm waiting for my new central board. And with the help of some videos showing some basic soldering technique, i think I can get it done pretty easily. I hope this helps and spares someone of the pain and agony of wondering what in the world has happened to the camera on their Phantom Vision.

For any poor soul who happens to have the original problem stated at the start of this thread and happens to get to the end... I have scoured the internet for an answer to this problem and one is not obvious, so I'm going to share my experience. This problem is common for the DJI Phantom 2 Vision. At least, common to people who are stupid enough, (like me), to disconnect the camera from the back while the power to the phantom is on and then touch it with your hand. You will undoubtedly hear a "cracking" or static type sound coming from inside the phantom body. That is the sound a small resistor on the central board being fried. I didn't realize this until disassembling the phantom and there is really no information on the internet about it. It is obvious when you look at it what happened though. The resistor is really to small to try and change out, and there looks to be a fair amount of collateral damage anyway. What you have to do is replace the whole central board. Amazon has them for $59 at the time of this writing here:

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-DJI-Phant ... tral+board

My phantom is under warranty and I could have called DJI, sent it to a repair center, etc. etc. .. who knows when I would have gotten it back, and what a pain in the butt.

So anyway, I'm waiting for my new central board. And with the help of some videos showing some basic soldering technique, i think I can get it done pretty easily. I hope this helps and spares someone of the pain and agony of wondering what in the world has happened to the camera on their Phantom Vision.

Hi
Very interested in whether this solved the problem? ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik