Camera accelerometer direction

Reaction score
When I am using the accelerometer mode to control the camera angle it tilts the camera up when I tilt the phone forward and down when I tilt the Iphone towards me. Does anyone know how to reverse this with the stock DJI radio? Doesn't this seem backwards??

I dont think I even know someone that uses that function. Dont think there is an option to reverse it.

Mine works the exact opposite. I've not seen an option to reverse it.
It really does suck though and not with using.

samd012 said:
When I am using the accelerometer mode to control the camera angle it tilts the camera up when I tilt the phone forward and down when I tilt the Iphone towards me. Does anyone know how to reverse this with the stock DJI radio? Doesn't this seem backwards??

Try flipping your phone around the opposite way in the clip.

I wonder if I have some type of wire crossed and mine is backwards. I have tried flipping the phone but it made no difference. I am contemplating a Futaba radio, if I do that maybe the rev option for that channel will work....

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
I dont think I even know someone that uses that function. Dont think there is an option to reverse it.

Add me to that list. I never use it. I am not going to be rocking the orientation of my entire controller to tilt the camera. I have just gotten used to instinctively pointing it at my phantom!

Dirty Bird said:
What device are you using? Perhaps go into the settings and calibrate the compass/accelerometer?

It is an iphone 5s. I will give that a try and let you know.

I find it odd that not many people use the feature. To change the angle of the camera without it I have to take may hands off of the left stick and then look away from the phantom. I am trying to work on smooth video while in flight and having to do that makes me have to stop flying for a couple seconds at a time. That is not that bad in a hover but when cruising it is a pain.

samd012 said:
I wonder if I have some type of wire crossed and mine is backwards. I have tried flipping the phone but it made no difference. I am contemplating a Futaba radio, if I do that maybe the rev option for that channel will work....
Unfortunately, right now the gimbal control channel of a modified Tx or Futaba can't be used when the Vision app is connected - the Vision app takes over.

There's a hack from Dronexpert.nl that changes this behavior - it's expensive and preorder-only right now. When I get more free time I'm thinking of taking a look at this myself. (Mainly figuring out what's in each of the 6 wires of the 6-pin gimbal connector.)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic