Camera 4 pin connector

Reaction score
Somehow all 4 pins going to the base of the camera came out of its socket. The 4 pin socket is still attached to the camera base but the wires with the pins are dangling next to the connector. The other end of this short gray ribbon cable goes up to the motherboard just below the USB port on the main body. I can re insert the pins into the socket and reconnect it to the camera base if I knew where each pin goes. (the socket is labeled 1 thru 4) Could someone please take a sharp close-up photo of their quad showing the 4 wire cable coming from the motherboard and into the base of the camera?? The connector I'm talking about is directly opposite of the MicroSD card slot. You will probably have to remove a couple of the shock mounts and roll the gimbal/camera assy out of the way a bit to get a clear view of the 4 pin cable run. Thank You, anyone that can help!

Not that I know of.. in other words, someone else used it for one flight. There is no other noticeable damage anywhere. It would take one heck of a smack down for all the pins to come out of the socket. They have little locking protrusions on each pin to secure it in the socket. I'm theorizing they were not properly inserted from the factory, but can't prove it. After some handling and vibration they might have worked their way out... I just can't say for sure.

Thanks, CityZen. I inserted the pins as you described and reconnected the 4 pin connector to the gimbal base, performed an ops check and all is working now. I have wifi control of the pitch of the camera. By the way, once the pins are "locked" into place, they are secure. You can't pull them out. It might take a special extraction tool or special finesse with a tiny jewelers screwdriver to apply pressure on the locking protrusion to remove the pins from the socket. Hopefully, I'll never have to do that. The way the natural bend of the wire and positions of the pins leads me to believe they (factory) inserted the pins in the socket exactly backwards. There is only one way the pins can be inserted to lock in. Anyway, I really appreciate your help!

Dang! Same problem here! Bird got knocked off the bench, and all 4 leads were yanked out of the connector. Checked continuity with a meter, and reinstalled all four back where they should be. Wires 7, 8, 9, and 10. But now, I still don't have tilt camera control, and battery level is blank on the DJI Vision app. Video and other indicators OK.
Does anybody sell just the 4-pin wiring harness with connectors attached?
Thanks!
John

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic