Calling all Real Estate Agents

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I am not a Real Estate agent but one of the things I am interested in shooting at some point is higher end real estate listings.

I am wondering if anyone is using their cell phone with the Osmo Mobile to produce footage inside the home or if something like the GH4 is "the norm." Or, if people are flying drones in the house. :) I have liability insurance and have done this many times in my own home so it doesn't scare me too much, but interested to know what is common out in the field. I am also Part 107 certified as it seems like it's a common response/question.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge + which can take 4K video so I *think* I would be able to use my existing device with a bit of post-processing to produce something professional, but then again I haven't tried. I am also limited to 5 minutes of this type of video which for now is fine.

Thanks!

FYI - There are cell phone stabilizers that perform like the Osmo. I would be concerned about the ability of the tiny cellphone lens to get enough light onto the tiny sensor to give acceptable (high end) results as such properties warrant. I see the camera gets rave reviews and I particularly like this photo:

s6vsi6p_bar_comp_new_33.jpg

Hi Larry, thanks for the reply. I've read about other stabilizers but at the end of the day I guess it's all up to the device that is shooting the video. I checked with my photog Wife and she definitely agrees with you. I'll need to practice a bit and see how it turns out.

LOL - I shot high end real estate in the 90's with a 4MP digital camera. Worked out great at the time. Today, full screen web pages are 1920x1080 for the most part. Take some test shots, Photoshop them to the best of your ability, size them to 1920x1080 and see what you think. Don't we hear over and over and over here that the best camera for the job is the one you have with you? :)

Thanks for the feedback Larry. I'm not interested at all in still shots, rather shooting indoor video as my phone is capable of taking 4K video. My Wife is a photographer and could help with still shots if need be as she is a photographer and has almost bankrupted us with all of the equipment she has. Right now I'm just trying to hear from the pros out doing this right now so I can determine if it's even something I want to bother with and also if anyone was shooting 4K video with a phone. Regardless, I think our own home would be a perfect test case to see if it's something decent or what I like to refer as "a dumpster fire." My actual focus right now is golf courses and I already have a few lined up to shoot course tours, showcase major improvements, and also they are interested in irrigation inspections as well. Should be fun.

Lets all try to remember the rules here - Community Rules

I have cleaned this thread up and handed out warnings to those who needed it. Keep things friendly and informative.

be_nice_simplefy91h_8byvr_324.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20