Call the Heliport if within 5 miles of your residency.

• Thread starter Deleted member 39682
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 39682

Dear Forum,
I called the civic arena were the Florida Panthers play, they are 4.4miles from my house. The FAA requires me to contact them. I called them and they only would let me email the person in charge. After 2 days I received an answer, they advised me they just make arrangements for landings. They asked me if the FAA provided me with paper work for them to fill out. I printed out the email an I keep it in my backpack. I have no clue if this is all I was required to do. I can tell you that the Heliports have no information from the FAA. I emailed the FAA and I am still waiting for an answer.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

It sounds like you're in a very similar situation to where I have some flights (occasionally). Here's what I did:

I finally found a human who could give me the # to the Flight Watch people at the hospital where the heli is stationed (not the hospital where I fly near). From there they put me in direct contact with one of the pilots of the medivac and we talked for probably 30min. He asked me to do this:

Call that same # and let them know I will be flying in the area. Let them know my max height, time to start, time to stop and general idea of where I'll be flying. Give them my name and contact # in case they need to get back in touch with me. I went ahead and gave them all my information and he put it "on file" there in the office.

He said they would note this and if "dispatched" to my area they would be on the look out.

Keep in mind the above is for "Hobby" flights not commercial flights. For commercial ops it's similar but I also have to file a NOTAM no more than 72hrs prior to the flight and no less than 24hrs prior to the flight. I also need to contact Flight Watch to let them know I'm done flying. I'm planning to pay them a visit one day in the near future and take some lunch to the flight crew in order to create some informal relationship with them.

Dear BigA,
Thanks for the information.
The FAA has I application called B4UFLY. Airports are no fly zones and Heliports must be contacted according to the FAA.
All members should have this application, this is the Official FAA guidelines.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj