CALL FROM THE FAA

Do you really think that your invisible .There always is a trail of some sort and if the government wants it bad enough thay can most likely get it .

They got your credit card and phone number, Sagebrush?

No, they don't have my CC numbers since I sent them a check with my paperwork. Sure, they have my cell.

So... make the leap, explain how they connect the dots from Phantom footage posted on Youtube to this kid's phone number.

S

Wonder if FAA called these guys...seems pretty commercial to me LOL. Awesome video...funny how they came after River Brooks but not this? Free country-if they want to destroy their own property who cares...but it's getting harder to keep it that way.

And how do you explain they got your number?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
On my website there's a link to my dads property he was trying to sell and his number was on it

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

It is OK to discuss this but it is not OK to berate other members. Lets dial it back a notch in here. Warnings have been issued to some, lighten up or more to come.

So the FAA sees a house number (and a street name) and a Youtube vid and they sleuth it out and call the kid's father?

Anybody here ever get a phone call from the IRS? The government doesn't do enforcement business over the phone.

S
There have been several reports popping up on the internet where FAA has called to let people know the rules. So it apparently does happen. I posted a video on the last page of someone it happened to.

On my website there's a link to my dads property he was trying to sell and his number was on it

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app
I assume they thought you used the footage of the property to help sell it?

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: riverphantom3
And how do you explain they got your number?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
He had the number in or attached to the footage so it appears.

about a year ago there were stories circulating that the FAA considers youtube videos for profit because the site sells advertising. Seems pretty thin to me.

Heres one of the stories, The FAA Says You Can't Post Drone Videos on YouTube (sorry if that was posted already). other than the news stories I don't see anything official on it. has anybody else heard this??

That's not the important point for the FAA to determine whether some flying was commercial.
If it was part of a business activity ie. selling a property, that is commercial in their eyes.
Exactly, no money has to change hands for it to be deemed commercial. Same thing goes for guys that think if they only charge for editing... the FAA sees right through that as it is not their first rodeo.

about a year ago there were stories circulating that the FAA considers youtube videos for profit because the site sells advertising. Seems pretty thin to me.

Heres one of the stories, The FAA Says You Can't Post Drone Videos on YouTube (sorry if that was posted already). other than the news stories I don't see anything official on it. has anybody else heard this??
I believe that is because you have the option to 'monetize' your videos. Believe it or not, there are people who make a living producing YT videos.

I believe that is because you have the option to 'monetize' your videos. Believe it or not, there are people who make a living producing YT videos.
donnie 1.png
Ain't so

Reactions: Fplvert

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub