CALL FROM THE FAA

Something is fishy. I don't see any issues with that video. Doesn't look like you were over 400ft and even if you were, how can they tell? And even if you were (not that I would condone that) they would want you to not do it again. They wouldn't be concerned with the video itself. Your site does look like you're trying to make money from flying drones. You need a 333 to do that. But be sure to verify their identity.

If it is the FAA, you should take it seriously. They likely won't do anything as long as you do as they ask. And if you want to make money with your drone, you need to go through the 333 exemption process.
I'm going to call them and make sure it's them but yea I'm not going to be messing with the FAA

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you are not doing anything in violation of the FAA rules than I would wait for proof.
That being said there seems to be many folks getting calls from the FAA. There are most likely representatives from the FAA and Homeland Security on this and other forums. Don't post activity that will draw their attention.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I did break the safety guidelines, I'll watch the video later

hope tony is reading this being a florida flyer don't say how high your going or how far you went

I didn't say anything in the video

Ya but you have in here buddy if I remember correctly .

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Something is fishy. I don't see any issues with that video. Doesn't look like you were over 400ft and even if you were, how can they tell? And even if you were (not that I would condone that) they would want you to not do it again. They wouldn't be concerned with the video itself. Your site does look like you're trying to make money from flying drones. You need a 333 to do that. But be sure to verify their identity.

If it is the FAA, you should take it seriously. They likely won't do anything as long as you do as they ask. And if you want to make money with your drone, you need to go through the 333 exemption process.
AND have at least a Sport Pilot License as well. That is until FAA pulls its head outta its *** and changes the rules (hopefully) this year.

AND have at least a Sport Pilot License as well. That is until FAA pulls its head outta its *** and changes the rules (hopefully) this year.

Yes. A pilot's license is one of the many requirements for operation under the 333.

I wouldn't mess with them if they're legit. Just make sure. I'm anxious to hear more about this and the safety guideline you said you did break. That way I can be careful of what they might be going after and what I might be careful about posting.

When you don't have personnel to police drone flights you just go to youtube, facebook, and other social media or as in this case wait for a complaint.

We had one (Canada)fined $1000 for a free neighborhood real estate video done in Quebec and posted on youtube. Transport Canada fined him and said they consider any video posted to youtube a commercial venture with regards to drones.

I wouldn't mess with them if they're legit. Just make sure. I'm anxious to hear more about this and the safety guideline you said you did break. That way I can be careful of what they might be going after and what I might be careful about posting.
They said that I flew over 400 feet and over a town which is not allowed now?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.