Call for other attorneys to do pro bono drone law

Reaction score
I could be persuaded to provide some pro bono services to fight state law drone specific statutes in federal court based on preemption arguments. This offer would be contingent on whether other attorneys with federal bar experience would be willing to form a group to strategize and consider legal action if and when such is justified based on this COA. Any one interested?

I'm not an attorney, so I can't help you directly, but I think what you are offering is both generous and necessary. I know that your are offering to do pro bono (thank you) work, but I would be willing to donate to a fund that supports the promotion of reasonable rules/laws concerning when, where and how drones may be flown. Please keep us informed if you're able to put this together. Good luck.

Reactions: dkyacht
I would be willing to help with any web presence, hosting, generating interest, or anything related. Plus, I'm sure there could be some "bartering" that would help out all participants.

That was a FB page to see if anyone was interested. While I deeply appreciate the guys who liked the page, there were only 3 total folks that did. I am leaving the page open but there has been very little interest.

That was a FB page to see if anyone was interested. While I deeply appreciate the guys who liked the page, there were only 3 total folks that did. I am leaving the page open but there has been very little interest.
No jeff this was a site and I did sign up. You could donate money to the guy or use twitter to reach him . I think there was a FB page also but don't do FB . I had the link and know can't find it . Had a lot of folks here join it .

No jeff this was a site and I did sign up. You could donate money to the guy or use twitter to reach him . I think there was a FB page also but don't do FB . I had the link and know can't find it . Had a lot of folks here join it .
Missed this one. I know AMA lobbies but I still think it would be better to have a serious lobbying and legal action group just for remote operated consumer aircraft.

Sorry. Cannot assist in a CA case. Licensed in Illinois and Federal Courts. Do seek counsel as it appears to carry serious repercussions for your current situation.

Reactions: Basald
I'd just pay the $400 and keep flying. I know, I know... precedent.... but there will be taxes coming up soon anyways to fly these things.

Do DA's regularly refuse to file charges when a ticket that is "bad" crosses their desks? I know you're not able to offer comment specific to CA, however I am admittedly somewhat ignorant to how criminal legal process goes.
Yes DAs do refuse to prosecute when the charges are frivolous, they are required to do so by the ethical canons. However, in the circumstances you describe, you stated the LEOs spent a considerable amount of time analyzing what charge would be most likely to be subject to a reasonable argument. On that basis alone, I suggest again that you obtain legal advice from someone licensed in CA ASAP.

Holy **** is ridiculous. Where were you flying?

Find that attorney. Let him ply his trade................... the art of the plea deal. Hopefully wind up with just a misdemeanor fine, no jail time and no permanent record. But get that lawyer!

Well hate to say it. Your in the system now. So best thing is pled deal with a fine. Prison time is unlikely due to first time offender "if u are". Record my be misdemeanor and will show on your record. May show on your Dmv record. Going to court to fight will cost you.... Trial...lawyer fees.... Time ........ You pay ether way that's how the courts win and make money..... You have to be rich to win.....! Detainment will only work if you recorded the police at the time of said complaint. Always ask first ..... What crime am I being accused of if any and am I free to go ? And if they can't say ..... Then you know They are fishing and State then 5th and leave.

Well hate to say it. Your in the system now. So best thing is pled deal with a fine. Prison time is unlikely due to first time offender "if u are". Record my be misdemeanor and will show on your record. May show on your Dmv record. Going to court to fight will cost you.... Trial...lawyer fees.... Time ........ You pay ether way that's how the courts win and make money..... You have to be rich to win.....! Detainment will only work if you recorded the police at the time of said complaint. Always ask first ..... What crime am I being accused of if any and am I free to go ? And if they can't say ..... Then you know They are fishing and State then 5th and leave.

Are you a lawyer? I'll assume not. I have retained counsel and will not be discussing the matter further here. I will also be deleting my previous comments now.

Wish me luck

Reactions: GoodnNuff and Ti22

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31