California FAA

Reaction score
Please excuse the question you have all probably heard a lot. But can some one post a link or some information about laws and flying a drone in California. Do I have to register with the FAA do I need a license. Any information would be great, thank you!

Yes, register drone - cheap, fast & easy. Recommend taking a course; Remote Pilot 101 is popular. The knowledge you gain will enrich your drone flying experience. Not required so don't stress about it. Where in CA are you? Hope not Bakersfield!

What @GMack said LOL. Met a couple boys from Modesto while attending UCSB. Party animals!

Yes, register drone - cheap, fast & easy. Recommend taking a course; Remote Pilot 101 is popular. The knowledge you gain will enrich your drone flying experience. Not required so don't stress about it. Where in CA are you? Hope not Bakersfield!
What's wrong with being in Bakersfield?

LOL, used to Bakersfield from Cambria, CA to take in the local hockey team's games, or when passing through on our way to ski Mammoth Mountain. Wide open spaces baby and plenty of dust in the air. Back in my Cambria bar-tending days (Mustache Pete's & West End Bar & Grill), we would enjoy the company of many from Bakersfield who had come to the coast to escape the upper 90's summer heat. When we would make fun of Bakersfield, they would get the humor; hope you can too (if your from Bakersfield).

Reactions: GraceIsTheKey
LOL, used to Bakersfield from Cambria, CA to take in the local hockey team's games, or when passing through on our way to ski Mammoth Mountain. Wide open spaces baby and plenty of dust in the air. Back in my Cambria bar-tending days (Mustache Pete's & West End Bar & Grill), we would enjoy the company of many from Bakersfield who had come to the coast to escape the upper 90's summer heat. When we would make fun of Bakersfield, they would get the humor; hope you can too (if your from Bakersfield).

LOL I love the humor. I love California and although there are political issues and things I dislike. All the benefits out way that for me. My wife and I travel a lot and have been to many places. Both of our work allows us to live anywhere and we still prefer California.

Reactions: FlashBuddy
LOL I love the humor. I love California and although there are political issues and things I dislike. All the benefits out way that for me. My wife and I travel a lot and have been to many places. Both of our work allows us to live anywhere and we still prefer California.
Yeah, couldn't agree more. And here I am stuck in Colorado.

Where about son CO I have always wanted to visit there and my wife was just saying this morning that she wants to go in July. We were thinking a week in Denver and a week in Aspen. What are your thoughts

Where about son CO I have always wanted to visit there and my wife was just saying this morning that she wants to go in July. We were thinking a week in Denver and a week in Aspen. What are your thoughts
Two weeks in Aspen! Denver is going to be 95 - 98 degrees. Drag your kid up there, there will be no complaints. Oh, bring a drone. Take the ski lift to the to (open in summer). Then you can fly above 10,000 feet legally! Seriously, there is a lot to see and do in Colorado. Estes Park, gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park. The Anasazi ruins. Garden of the Gods. Take the mining train through the mountains and have lunch. Drive to the top of Pikes Peak (then you can fly above 14,000!!!.

Two weeks in Aspen! Denver is going to be 95 - 98 degrees. Drag your kid up there, there will be no complaints. Oh, bring a drone. Take the ski lift to the to (open in summer). Then you can fly above 10,000 feet legally! Seriously, there is a lot to see and do in Colorado. Estes Park, gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park. The Anasazi ruins. Garden of the Gods. Take the mining train through the mountains and have lunch. Drive to the top of Pikes Peak (then you can fly above 14,000!!!.
Why only Aspen, I can not see my self that into the mountains for two weeks. What else can we do in Aspen. I don't mind the heat it will be about 105 here at that time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20