California coastal redwoods and wild life

Would love to see an establishing shot at the beginning. Lots of great stuff here, though.

Pretty awesome footage there.
I filmed some redwoods a couple months ago .I couldnt get any gps signal on the forest floor, so It told me no gps but was safe to fly and switched me to atti. I climbed slowly up the trunk of a tree as there was not much of an opening, halfway up the tree dji go app told me i had gps connection, I thought nothing of it except cool. I got up to the top at around 300 feet and I panned around looking at the top of the forest. Then as I was descending at around 150 feet it lost the gps connection and went into atti mode, when that happened the bird started to drift sideways as I was descending, freaked me out and with zero time to react I clipped leaves of a tree about 15 feet above ground and landed safely. I obviously learned nothing because I flew down the dirt/mud road I was on a ways and proceeded to fly up another redwood a couple hundred feet still in atti when it went back to gps connectivity and when it dropped gps signal again the phantom drifted straight sideways into the crook of another redwood branch, footage shows it did a 360 degree flip and was wedged in the crook of the tree branch, I remember looking straight up and thinking it was probably over for my bird, I tried a spin and lower move and it corkscrewed out the bottom of the branch and came down and landed. The lesson I learned is if dji go app cant get a gps signal and switches to atti mode you should probably switch the bird manually to atti, so it dosent switch in and out of gps signal and toss the bird around when you arent ready for it.
captain kush

Love your footage .

Thanks for the feedback. Redwoods are pure magic.
@captain kush Yep had the same problem. It sets a home point when it gets GPS above the tree line. i wonder what would happen id hit return to home.

I am not sure what rth would have done, but it sure was a rush. Looks like a little of the coastal footage you took was in the same spot I flew at right before the redwoods. Totally awesome and magical places. Great job on the footage. I still need to edit and get my footage loaded so I can post it here.
captain kush

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik