Calibration with dji assistant

Reaction score
Hello Folks,
I am setting up my P4 with dji assistant. I looked at uTube clips on the calibration section of assistant, and one said not to do the assistant calibration unless there was a problem. And that it was calibrated better from the factory. Do all of you run the calibration part of dji assistant?
Thank you very much.
Terry

Hello Folks,
I am setting up my P4 with dji assistant. I looked at uTube clips on the calibration section of assistant, and one said not to do the assistant calibration unless there was a problem. And that it was calibrated better from the factory. Do all of you run the calibration part of dji assistant?
Thank you very much.
Terry
First i heard,,,,i calibrate everytime i fly even if location hasent changed just to keep home point updated

First i heard,,,,i calibrate everytime i fly even if location hasent changed just to keep home point updated[/QUOT
First i heard,,,,i calibrate everytime i fly even if location hasent changed just to keep home point updated

I am referring to the calibration process on dji Assistant, not a compass calibration. Thank you for your reply, though.
Terry

Don't calibrate the visual system unless you are having problems with Obstacle Avoidance or Visual Positioning.

Reactions: MedicFL1
Compass calibration is something you normally do.
VPS calibrate only if there is a problem.
IMU calibration only when necessary and not near metals.
Too many people are not aware of their surroundings (see you tube) when taking off and are too near to metal picnic tables etc. Then wonder why there are problems in flight characteristics.

Phantom 4. Range Extenders [passive] Polar Pro Acces. kit and Bower special effects lenses.

Last edited:
Don't calibrate the visual system unless you are having problems with Obstacle Avoidance or Visual Positioning.

That's good news. Does that mean that I skip the calibration on dji Assistant?
Terry
Compass calibration is something you normally do.
VPS calibrate only if there is a problem.
IMU calibration only when necessary and not near metals.
Too many people are not aware of their surroundings (see you tube) when taking off and are too near to metal picnic tables etc. Then wonder why there are problems in flight characteristics.

Phantom 4. Range Extenders [passive] Polar Pro Acces. kit and Bower special effects lenses.

Will doing the Assistant calibration help avoid have problems, or create so problems. I would rather not have to do it. I haven't caught up with all this technology. Still flying my P1 and P2. I have a new P3P and P4 right here in their new Case Pro case. I got a iPad mini 4 cellular and too intimidated to get them set up. I'm definitely taking my time.
Terry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan