Calibration Warning during flight....

Reaction score
Phantom Fam,

Recently, i had the pleasure of having a newbie DEFCON III moment.....

After extensive research, i found the location i had been searching for since the day i purchased my Phantom. The whole drive..... all i could see was my Quad, up in the air getting great footage. After my arrival on location, i quickly performed my pre-flight checks and ensured the Phantom was calibrated and ready to go.

4 minutes into the flight, at a distance of about 1600ft out, 200ft up..... when looked at my screen on the left side, i noticed the Phantom was sending back all kinds of calibration error warnings. At that moment i realized i needed to bring her home. When my phantom returned into view i noticed all of my lights were flashing rapid so as safely as i could i began my decent until i was able to land.

Has anyone experienced a calibration warning during flight? If the Phantom was calibrated prior to launch and the RTH locked, why would/could cause such a situation?

Please help.....
Currently self-grounded..... And I want to get back in the air as soon as possible.

4 minutes into the flight, at a distance of about 1600ft out, 200ft up..... when looked at my screen on the left side, i noticed the Phantom was sending back all kinds of calibration error warnings. At that moment i realized i needed to bring her home. When my phantom returned into view i noticed all of my lights were flashing rapid so as safely as i could i began my decent until i was able to land.

Has anyone experienced a calibration warning during flight? If the Phantom was calibrated prior to launch and the RTH locked, why would/could cause such a situation?
Without seeing flight data and what the warnings said, we can't be certain, but the usual cause is a bad compass calibration done close to a lot of steel (particularly on reinforced concrete).
If you calibrate your compass in a distorted magnetic environment and fly away back into the earth's normal magnetic field, your compass is now out of calibration for the normal conditions.
Calibrating every flight is unnecessary and introduces the risk of a bad compass calibration.

Usually a compass error would be expected to show up before you get 1600 feet out so it may have been a different warning?
To get flight data go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues