Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Calibration query

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by happyskibunny, Jan 11, 2015.

1. happyskibunny

I've seen a lot of calibration videos which show quite a few ways to do it. What I want to know is are they all ok to use. I believe it does not matter weather you use clockwise or anticlockwise. What I am curious about is weather it also does not matter if you rotate the phantom on its own axis with your hands while standing still or weather you hold it out in front of you and turn yourself around in a circle? The second way looks easier to do.

2. Monte55

I guess one thing to learn is that so many videos are of people that have no business making informative videos. When you do the compass calibration. Try to not have anything on you that can affect the calibration. Cell phones, keys, magnets, etc. I always hold quad out at arms length and rotate.

3. sergekouper

The manual shows clockwise, so I go clockwise. I find it easier to rotate my whole body rather than just the copter, but it doesn't make any difference.

4. Buckaye

Yeah I just rotate the quad... The nice thing is... The phantom tells you whether you were successful or not...

5. Mako79

I raise mine above my head and spin. I then keep it above my head and point it nose down and spin again.
    Its quick and you get dizzy spells lol.

Read more about the compass calibration here.
    Ian woods makes very good informative points. He was the one that pushed for the DJI declinatation fix.
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32829

6. jason

Being that I'm a devout Baptist I am not allowed to drink, play cards or do the compass dance. LOL

7. MrC

MrC

Omg, GENIUS! Why didn't I think of that! :mrgreen:

I'm doing it next time. Easy, tight circle, nothing blocking it's view for the full 360, perfect.

8. alanw2005

Brilliant!!!