Calibration problem???

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Phamton 1 that had a hard landing the last flight I had, now I go a few times to fly & everything seems fine, but I can't get off the ground. The motors sound great, almost like something is holding it to the ground, The first attempt I made, while full throttle was applied, the sensor light was blinking red very fast, I looked it up, suggested calibration which I did, no change. I also changed the props, both are 8 inches, the new ones are carbon, & with the motors screaming it seems like it should be on the moon, but it just sits there. Any ideas?
All the best, Bill Rowland

Hi, I have a battery tester & all the cells are great, I also checked it with a different battery, which also tested fine.
Thanks, Bill

Hi, I think this might be where the problem lies as nothing in the voltage in the assistant even show up, plus, it thinks its the Phamton 2, which I have, but this one isn't.
Thanks again, Bill

Noting it's a P1, do you have props on in correct orientation? If it's the props with hold down nuts, you can put them on incorrectly.

Hi & thanks, I did just download the newer assistant, I'll see how that goes a little later.
AMCSQUAR, What you suggested is exactly what it seems like when i try to fly, but I do have them on right, & after the hard landing & when the problem first started, I changed the props to new carbon ones with the upper edge going towards the directional arrow.

Hi again, & thanks for your help, I tried to to update the firm ware using the assisitant, but when I go to install it, I get a error message saying the "Delete File Failed: Code 5", I tried several times, always the same error messgae.
I did have the unit out in the field today with the original props on it, with the same results, the motors scream, & it just sits there, like it weighs 100 lbs, & the only thing I have on it is 2 carbon battery holders on the sides, & only 1 battery.
Thanks again, Bill Rowland

You didn't by chance have the lid off? If so are the tape indentations facing the front of the Phantom? Many folks put the lids back on incorrectly, then attach wrong props to motors. On Phantom1s it was easy to do.

Your a genious, I'll check it out tomorrow but I'm sure as I went on the DJI web site & saw the original, I put mine back on 45 degrees off, I should have held my hand over the unit at full speed, either that of fly a kite.
Thanks a million, Bill Rowland

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik