Calibration issue?

Hi guys

Had my P3A out this evening across a local lake and have a few questions - I was sending it out straight over the lake and it was veering off to its left when I was accelerating forward in a straight line. There was little to no wind so don't think it was being blown, could this be the controller?

Thanks for any help
I had the same issue with my P3A. While trying to video a property mine would not fly a straight line, would veer mostly to the left but sometimes to the right. I did all the DJI suggested calibrations and nothing helped. Just to make sure it wasn't me I flew the P3A and my Naza 2 Flamewheel over the same exact line, the P3A veered off hard left and the Naza tracked perfectly straight. So shipped it off to DJI for warranty work.

Reactions: TonyNI2013
Try yawing in a spot. If the yaw widens at higher speeds then an IMU is required. Mine spins on a dime.
Do the IMU early in the mornings and do it immediately when you turn on the phantom. Make sure you use a spirit/bubble level and make sure its levelled in both axis. Use a bulleye level if you have to. Make sure your legs aren't bent or missing a rubber land pad.

Wonky flight usually is a bad compass calibration. There's no need to do a compass dance at every site. Use common sense. What the phantom 'captures' at the ground as north isn't the same when its airborne, especially if there is buildings or large man-made objects. Look at the compass values and make sure they sit around 1500 when its 100 ft up. If its not, google map for the closest open field. Drive there and do a compass dance and this should 'prime' your phantom with a clean north/compass. Your compass should be a nice 1500 at the open field. Drive back to your location and take off and see if it now flying straight.

Also.. make sure you do the compass dance with phantom above your head. There is magnetic interference if done too close to the ground.

Reactions: TonyNI2013
Is there any way to reset to IMU to factory defaults ?

Thanks for that advice I will give it a go after work today.

Does it really affect it if it isn't 100% perfectly flat that much? I can't seem to find a single surface that isn't out by a tiny bit lol

Tested it again. Seems to fly much better I think. Drained 2 batteries testing it.

On the second part of compass calibration I have to keep turning beyond 360(another 180) before it will start to flicker green is that normal?

Yes, turn until it indeed flashes green.
I dont mean to hijack this thread, but my question is related.
How long after flying do you have to let P3P sit before doing a cold IMU calibration?
Set the drone outside in the cool air for 30-45 minutes before doing your cold IMU calibration. Have the app on the calibration page ready, as soon as you put the battery in and turn the drone on, when the gimbal stops moving hit the IMU calibrating button. Don't move it until the sequence has completed, do a gimbal calibration right after.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4