Calibration indicator

rmw

Reaction score
Hi, first post for former lurker with about 100 flights. P3A with iPad mini 2 (iOS 8.x, previous firmware and go app) hdmi remote add on.

I've looked and lurked but have a compass question. When I boot up the bird the status screen while the Imu is coming up to temp always has the Calibrate compass button highlighted, I have been assuming that that was an indication that I needed to do a compass calibration. However after reading some posts some people seem to be getting a different compass indicator. I agree with those that seem to believe that less calibration is better but not sure if maybe I am overdoing it. Is this the indicator that I need to calibrate? My mod rate seems to run just above 15.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445617490.099493.jpg

I waiting to see how the firmware does for others, I have promised a friend that I will do aerial coverage of an event later next month and don't want to risk having upgrade issues that some are experiencing with the new app, iOS, firmware
What does the indicator that I need a compass calibration look like then?

When I boot up the bird the status screen while the Imu is coming up to temp always has the Calibrate compass button highlighted, I have been assuming that that was an indication that I needed to do a compass calibration.
That's not indication that you need to calibrate.
It's indicating that the word Calibrate is a button rather than just text.

Reactions: DMac

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4