Calibrating Compass with S1 - The manual is wrong

Reaction score
Something I noticed the other day and want to share. It is about initiating compass cal with S1.

The manual states: "Quickly flip the switch S1 position 1 -> position 3 -> position 1, five times or above".

Well I noticed that you only need to flip it position 1 -> position 2 -> position 1, exactly five times ending on position 1. It will enter cal mode every time. If you want to cancel after solid yellow, flip once position 2 -> position 1. And you don't need to flip it super fast frantically. A half second at each position works. And of course you can only initiate cal with motors off.

And I know about the app way to initiate calibration.

I like to initiate the calibration from the DJI Vision app. But, I'm also a little paranoid that I'll wear out the toggle switch :cool:

msinger said:
I like to initiate the calibration from the DJI Vision app. But, I'm also a little paranoid that I'll wear out the toggle switch :cool:

I do too. I was testing the remote possibility that manual mode could be selected with some rapid selection of GPS-ATTI-GPS-ATTI sequence when I discovered this. And I thought "Those sons-a. Telling me to flip top-bottom-top-bottom".

BTW manual mode does not get selected with rapid toggling of S1 top-middle-top with motors running. As expected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.