Calibrating Black Pearl Rc801 Monitor

Timotheous-
I was out flying a few days ago. My transmitter is on Channel 1, and my receiver is on Diversity E, Channel 8. The problem I originally posted several weeks ago. BUT, I get a perfect picture on my monitor flying around a large field. So, for me, this
isn't the problem I thought it would be. I'm happy it works, and I'll complain no more!

OI Photography said:
Mav456 said:
3 pretty sad guys here. You should have bought boscam lcd5802. 50% brighter in daylight and designed for the avl58. I'm getting 3km Rock solid range and I see the screen perfect In daylight without the sunshade. Shame on you for being sheeple and buying based in a cool name, and doing what everyone else does. Do some research next time, and you won't be stuck with inferior junk. Don't mean to Come off rude.

Shame on you for judging someone based on assumptions you've made about their buying decisions.

Don't mean to come off rude.

Take a look back through Mav456's posts..... he must have shares in Boscam or something :lol: It's always the insecure ones who feel the need to criticise others to make themselves feel better.

Hey Pippin, maybe there is a documentation error in one of the manuals that may explain the channel mismatch (1 on tx is 8 on rx for me as well by the way). Unfortunately I am still getting poor performance all around on the BP. I've tried many channel combinations but still a lot of signal breakup. I've changed antennas, antenna positions, tx mounting position, but no luck getting clear reception. Wondering if I am missing something, I expected better.

I have an Immersion 600 TX on the way, but I've been running some oddball no-name China 400mw TX from amazon for a few months. I get about half km range in town, and about 1.5km range in the country or out on the boat with nothing around.

I have the 32ch Black Pearl, as I wanted an easy all-in-one battery/monitor/receiver setup. When I use the RX that came with the TX from amazon, I get probably a 20% better picture than when I use the div RX built in to the black pearl. To even get a picture on the black pearl, I had to search through all channels to find the freq coming from my china TX. According to the paper that came with the china TX, I'm transmitting on 5.885ghz, but in order to get a picture on the black pearl, I need to be on freq. 5.645ghz.

Obviously I'd blame the China TX for being the weird piece of the puzzle, but it is working. The reason I mention this is to also say I'm seeing weird freq. mismatch with the Black Pearl monitor.

I'm very curious for when my Immersion TX gets in, to see how it works with the Black Pearl. The BP monitor makes it such an easy, minimal, quick setup being all in one that I'd hate to have to switch to another RX. Time will tell.

Also, this means I'll have a very good, powerful, working 400mw TX/RX combo for sale if anyone needs something.

Timotheous said:
Hey Pippin, maybe there is a documentation error in one of the manuals that may explain the channel mismatch (1 on tx is 8 on rx for me as well by the way). Unfortunately I am still getting poor performance all around on the BP. I've tried many channel combinations but still a lot of signal breakup. I've changed antennas, antenna positions, tx mounting position, but no luck getting clear reception. Wondering if I am missing something, I expected better.
Something is wrong. I had same setup on channels , original antennas and got 500 pluss.
Did u ever change your location?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20