Calibrate IMU

Reaction score
Everytime I go to fly it tells me to calibrate the IMU. The gyro values are in the red. After a minute or two the calibrate notification goes away and the values start to lower slowly. I wait a few more minutes while watching the gyro values lower into the green .01 - .04 then I take off. Anyone else seeing this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

You need to calibrate the IMU with the craft being cold. Put it in a fridge or freezer for 15 mins then immediately calibrate IMU.

You need to calibrate the IMU with the craft being cold. Put it in a fridge or freezer for 15 mins then immediately calibrate IMU.
Can I leave it outside say in my car for a little then bring it inside and do acalibration? I'm also worried about condensation either way I do it, is that a big possibility?

It's 44 f degrees out. Would I leave the battery inside the aircraft while it's outside or leave the battery inside the house and only put the aircraft outside to chill?

Battery keep inside. Outside 44F is fine but if you ever fly in a temp colder than that you'll run into this again

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic