Caching Maps

Reaction score
I have the IPad Air 2 Wifi only and I need a quick instruction on how you utilize cache maps. I have no idea. Is this only possible in DJI Go and Autopilot. Help Please.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

use the go app on your air, find the place you want to fly and press the home button on your air without exiting the go app. go to flight spot and start up as normal and your map of the area will be there.

I've an iPad Mini 3. With iOS 8 I never had a problem caching maps before leaving home- or any hotspot location, closing the App and opening on site to fly.
Just updated to iOS 9 and haven't had a chance to test it yet.
Curious though- How large an area can you cache at one time?

Last summer we shot a lot in Detroit and I pretty much cached most of Detroit from just South of the city to north suburbs.

What is the max area you can hold in memory?
Can you up the cache memory to hold more?
And what exactly clears it- turning iPad completely off?

use the go app on your air, find the place you want to fly and press the home button on your air without exiting the go app. go to flight spot and start up as normal and your map of the area will be there.
Cheers Steve. I was wondering how to do this! :D

I trying to cache maps on my ipad air 2 ...when after hit home button do you enter the google maps app and then what?

I trying to cache maps on my ipad air 2 ...when after hit home button do you enter the google maps app and then what?
No, you open the map of the area in which you're going to fly in the GO app - it will cache a huge area if you wish.
Once you're happy with the area you need, you simply push the home button; this leaves the app open in the background. When you arrive at your location, unlock the iPad, then push the home button twice which opens your background apps, touch the GO app and it'll open, with your map intact.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen